Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ethics essay for my CJ assignment

Dear Law/Correctional Officers,

Greatest respect, /bows I am majoring in criminal justice and I am required to interview a LE officer for their opinions on ethics. I have only a few questions and the essay is due on Monday. I use gmail which has a chat function, so if you are willing to help out and use this as your email client please PM me and I would be ever so grateful!

Best,
    Jane

OP -

Please go down to your local PD to complete your assignments. You may find a few willing to help you here but by and large as a community we do not do homework assignments.

Also, can you in good conscience turn in this paper and say you interviewed actual LEOs? Other than going by what someone posted on their profile you cannot.

Sorry to be so blunt but........

Comment

Greetings Jane. While I appreciate your honesty, it is a rather informal forum policy to not do, or assist in doing, the following: Homework, research, research assignments, term papers, class projects thesis' or other academic assignments. We also don't provide material for aspiring authors. Please be advised that the policy I reference is quite informal, and any Officer is perfectly free to assist you. Just be prepared for responses pretty much along the lines of mine and my colleague. I agree with his suggestion that you go to your local PD or Sheriff's Office. Let them know your need, hopefully they will assist you. You will also have the satisfaction of knowing that your research and thus your paper are the genuine articles. Best of luck.

Comment

Ok I am so sorry I didn't see that in the FAQ. I will go down to the PD. I just felt guilty, "knock knock, sorry I know you're catching rapists and hard at work but I'm being forced to do this assignement." I thought of also asking the PO who run ball in our gym but I didn't want it to seem like a quid pro quo, like I was asking for something in return for use of the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by jane_grey View Post
          Ok I am so sorry I didn't see that in the FAQ. I will go down to the PD. I just felt guilty, "knock knock, sorry I know you're catching rapists and hard at work but I'm being forced to do this assignement." I thought of also asking the PO who run ball in our gym but I didn't want it to seem like a quid pro quo, like I was asking for something in return for use of the gym.
          No problem. Just head down to the PD, or ask the guy in your gym. Good luck in the assignment.

Comment

It is unethical for you to "interview" someone on the internet and claim the work as factual. What part of the ethics class did you not understand?
            Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

I just called the Fifth District Philadelphia PD and they told me they were unwilling to help me. : (

Comment

Originally posted by jane_grey View Post
                I just called the Fifth District Philadelphia PD and they told me they were unwilling to help me. : (
                Oh, Drats!!
                We still won't.
                Call around to other PD's.

Comment

PM me your questions
                  I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

And she knows you are an LEO how??? AGAIN, go physically and do the work!!!! Your lack of planning isn't anyones problem but your own. If you were my student, I would give you an F for failure to follow directions and a D for at least asking "someone".
                    Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by District B 13 View Post
                      And she knows you are an LEO how???
                      In my case, I can easily provide proof.

If you don't want to participate, then don't. I don't see a problem with a poster making a respectful, honest request. I've seen more than my share of stupid questions (and responses) in this forum.

Comment

I wouldn't provide my employment information to someone you don't know; in addition, my professors wouldn't have accepted an 'interview' in the internet as a valid interview. JMHO
                        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Contact your local PD/SO. They've probably got some public affairs officer that can help you. Heck, do a ride-a-long while you're at it. Being able to say that you actually went out on patrol with an officer in addition to the interview would make your paper all the more better.

Comment

I'm not necessarily going to give out the info - or even answer the question(s). I'd have to hear what she is asking and then evaluate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                              Contact your local PD/SO. They've probably got some public affairs officer that can help you. Heck, do a ride-a-long while you're at it. Being able to say that you actually went out on patrol with an officer in addition to the interview would make your paper all the more better.
                              Her assignment is due Monday.
                              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5557 users online. 306 members and 5251 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X