• Show
Clear All

• mdrdep
    replied
    Nah, don't do that, it would make shatty news

Leave a comment:

• Ohio5-0
    replied
    Call the local News station immediately so they can go live with this story! Try offering a reward for the apprehension of the poop bandit (when the news is interviewing you live will be a good time to offer the reward). Call the local PD and inform them immediately, as they will step up patrol coverage in your neighborhood. Poop bandits deserve the prison time they usually recieve from the courts. With any luck, this sick SOB will be brought to justice!!!

Leave a comment:

• I Go To Costco
    replied
    You guys are hilarious!

I deserve all the teasing. I've decided to just let it be from now on until it really bothers me again. My next door neighbor has a Rottweiler, the thing goes ape**** whenever we take in/out the garbage but she really is sweet. They take their dog out almost every day and either way I don't really want to mess with that.

Is there a such thing as careless dog owner repellent? Might have to go bigger than .22 caliber to keep them away for good though.

JUST KIDDING!

Leave a comment:

• BigW
    replied
    Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
    Try some of this:

although I don't think they sell it at Costco...

Here they sell that stuff in .22 caliber version as well......

Leave a comment:

• NYCDep
    replied
    Try some of this:

although I don't think they sell it at Costco...

Leave a comment:

• mdrdep
    replied
    Common Courtesy, sheeez he died before his brother Common Sense and he's been dead a long time.

Leave a comment:

• SRT936
    replied
    Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
    What is APIS?!?! Are you serious?!?
    Automated Poo Identification System. I thought that was common knowledge....

Leave a comment:

• Aerohead
    replied
    Reminds me of the scene from "I Love You Man" when the dog poops on the sidewalk! LoL

What is APIS?!?! Are you serious?!?
    Last edited by Aerohead; 05-12-2011, 09:19 AM. Reason: Removed video clip...

Leave a comment:

• RoadKingTrooper
    replied
    Originally posted by District B 13 View Post
    Get some specimen containers, scrap up the crap, do it for two weeks so you get a good amount of a sample base, take it to the local Vet and ask them for a DNA analysis. The can do a match up via APIS and provide you with the suspect and owner. You can then take them to Small Claims court and get back the amount of time you've had to spend cleaning up, the cost of water, soap, etc. AND you can get a Restraining Order issued against the owner.

Or...

Dogs will sniff out the place they want to leave things at. Put some ground peppers (HOT) mixed in with some ground up jerky and let them sniff away. The spray stuff only works IF you first put some on your hand and rub it on the dogs gums to make them fear the taste.

Or...

Keep your sprinklers on.

But the poop is evidence and a chain of custody must be maintained!

OP, Call the Police Dept and ask to speak with the Canine Excrement Enforcement Team, they will set up surveillance and get the Offender identified

Leave a comment:

• District B 13
    replied
    Get some specimen containers, scrap up the crap, do it for two weeks so you get a good amount of a sample base, take it to the local Vet and ask them for a DNA analysis. The can do a match up via APIS and provide you with the suspect and owner. You can then take them to Small Claims court and get back the amount of time you've had to spend cleaning up, the cost of water, soap, etc. AND you can get a Restraining Order issued against the owner.

Or...

Dogs will sniff out the place they want to leave things at. Put some ground peppers (HOT) mixed in with some ground up jerky and let them sniff away. The spray stuff only works IF you first put some on your hand and rub it on the dogs gums to make them fear the taste.

Or...

Keep your sprinklers on.

Leave a comment:

• JasperST
    replied
    If the dog is pooping on the sidewalk, the owner isn't stopping, dogs like to sniff around for a good spot. It shouldn't be your lawn but the owner is too brain dead or too lazy to care. I would put up at least a small wire garden fence or some shrubbery for the lawn.

Leave a comment:

• SgtCHP
    replied
    Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
    Except in certain cities that have a city ordinance to that effect......where I worked, you could be ticketed and fined simply for not having a 'pooper' bag with you while you were walking Fido......never mind not cleaning up after Fido had done his business....

I think it was $250 for the first violation, and went up from there.
    I think that issue was included in my post where I stated:
    ...Unless there is a specific city ordinance addressing such a situation,...

Leave a comment:

• wirefire2
    replied
    Go to the pet store and get the anti pet spray that keeps animals from going on the carpet or marking things. They don't like the smell and will do their business elsewhere. I think they make outdoor versions too.

Leave a comment:

• Dingo990
    replied
    I mentioned HOA....

If dog poop is really bothering you, that is the way to go. Look, I don't think it is that big of a deal (yes, I live in an HOA, no I don't let my dogs poop in people's lawns), but if you do and want recourse, that is probably the only way to go. Dunno about your specific HOA, but "dog poop" rules seem to be more or less standard in HOA clauses. And having them build a civil case is a lot easier than a PD building a criminal case.

Leave a comment:

• I Go To Costco
    replied
    Thanks all, I have to say I overreacted. Yes, I do just hose it off each time and carry on with my day. It's not a big deal, but rather an eyesore that nobody can do much about. The thing is, this has happened more times than I can count or care to remember.... I probably pick up dog crap more than some of these owners do. Guess I was just venting and subliminally hoping that if the punk were to get caught they might get slapped with a nice fine or something.

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing flattened dogpies, but a couple of times there were a couple of piles right behind my car tire. Wasn't thinking straight... I never really shopped for video surveillance equipment but I just figured it would help me catch the culprit and they would get their retribution.... a shallow victory and in retrospect, an unlikely result. The crap itself isn't what offends me the most, it's the blatant lack of common courtesy.

Normally I wouldn't complain about such a thing publicly but if you knew me personally and how laidback I am, you'd know that this isn't just the first, second or even tenth time that it's happened.

and someone mentioned Homeowner's Association? When that time comes, I'd rather not

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5438 users online. 332 members and 5106 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X