300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• credit card question?

Hi fellow officer's I just had a quick question.

I am a student and never applied for a credit card nor do I have credit, my question is will that affect me in any way when I apply to a L.E. position, also I do have a debit card if that changes anything?
    Thank you!

The short answer is no. Departments are concerned with how you're handling your debts. Use your debit card properly and there should be no issues. At some point in the future, you'll probably want to establish some credit. Provided you use it responsibly and live up to your obligations,credit should be no problem.

Comment

Unlike when you are applying for credit (to buy a house) where you NEED a credit history, the lack of credit history isn't a bad thing in LE applications.

PhilipCal is correct about handling your finances is the big thing. If you can make it without credit ---that is just fine.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Get a credit card and use it for things like gas and groceries, put the money aside for it and pay it off each billing cycle and that will help you build good credit. But be forewarned not to get into the mindset of "it's only $$ and i want it and if i make payments on it i can have it now and in five months it will be paid off" that will get you into credit card debt and be a booboo on your report.
        Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Yep. Just as everyone has said. For LE purposes, not having credit is no issue at all, only having BAD credit.

-V

Comment

BTW, you are a student, not a fellow officer.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
              Credit Card Question? Hi fellow officer's I just had a quick question.

I am a student and never applied for a credit card nor do I have credit, my question is will that affect me in any way when I apply to a L.E. position, also I do have a debit card if that changes anything?
              Thank you!
              Lying Individual Hi Mr/Mrs officer's a friend of mine has just gotten hired by a police department (CA)
              and well he has no criminal record's but had enclosed to me that he tried cocaine and weed 3 years ago.
              the marijuana use a total of (2) times cocaine (1) time, he did not admit that to the department and still passed the polygraph test. Any way he can get in trouble if he never go busted for it?
              Ah, I missed that these two seperate threads were posted by the same person.

Now it's crystal clear that my first guess:

You have now lost all credibility with me. I now believe that this issue is one of three things:

1. There is no "friend", you yourself did the drugs and want to know if you can get in trouble for trying to make it through the BI by lying about your use.
              was totally on the mark.

Good luck with getting into LE after you've not only considered lying about cocaine and marijuana use, but also used actual cops to test whether your ploy could get you into trouble.

You belong in jail, not LE, and the BI/Poly will show that. You're going nowhere fast, don't waste your time (or ours).

-V
              Last edited by vincelli; 05-17-2011, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Not a very good student at that. “Hi fellow officer's I just had a quick question” should look more like this. Hi fellow officers, I just had a quick question. Must be that wonderful public schooling.

Like Buck Savage says, “Watch the hands!”
                Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

FELLOW officers? that would imply you were an officer. Nope, get a refund on your school there, buddy. Oh, and methinks YOU are the liar here.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Smurfette
                  Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                  Originally posted by DAL
                  You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Get a credit card and go hog wild with spending. Go to the mall and max it out. Repeat with different cards. This will build your credit score in a good way within a week.

Comment

I think you should just shoot yourself and get a credit card noob.

Comment

I think you should just shoot yourself and get a credit card noob.
                        Who is this addressed to?

Comment

The guy who pasted this question! Yea go max your credit card blah blah blah blah blah.

Comment

ur an idiot

Comment

This Tool is still posting? They never learn...

-V

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4138 users online. 224 members and 3914 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X