300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would this look?

I know someone who wants to be in LE and has worked as a stripper before. How would that be viewed during a BI? Just curious.

Those of you in the O.com FB group that have seen my picture will know that I am truly asking this question about someone I know and not myself....just trust me on this....no one wants to see phillydog's goodies.

Eh. Sensitive subject. It's not illegal, but some consider it immoral. I'd still consider them simply because if stripping is immoral then shouldn't you also drop anyone that watches strippers? If one is wrong, so is the other.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

perhaps we should see pics to give a fair and accurate answer...

seriously though, I doubt it would be a "disqualifier" on the mission statement, however Im sure the dept wont want any embarrassment if some a-hole on a call recognizes her from having her boobs in his face last yearat a club...FOR A DOLLAR....you see the issue
      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Would that mean that Officers on duty would treat a victim/suspect different if she were the stripper they'd seen in the club the weekend prior? It goes both ways.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I doubt it, as Ive "handled", (so to speak), strippers on calls before. I will admit I'm highly immature however I can conduct myself in a professional manner while working. Will the jokes/observations fly when the call is over??? Of course, without a doubt, BUT just as they do on calls that dont involve "adult entertainers".

As we know..we have to be good on calls, bad guys dont usually have to adhere our "rules"
          Last edited by crass cop; 05-07-2011, 01:56 PM.
          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
          sanitizer

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
            Eh. Sensitive subject. It's not illegal, but some consider it immoral. I'd still consider them simply because if stripping is immoral then shouldn't you also drop anyone that watches strippers? If one is wrong, so is the other.
            HEY!!!!! easy there....you're going to be planting ideas in peoples heads LOL

Comment

Thanks Smurfette, I just got fired. F
              "I sometimes wish that people would put a little more emphasis upon the observance of the law than they do upon its enforcement."
              -Calvin Coolidge

"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they can't get it wrong." - Unk

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                I doubt it, as Ive "handled", (so to speak), strippers on calls before. I will admit I'm highly immature however I can conduct myself in a professional manner while working. Will the jokes/observations fly when the call is over??? Of course, without a doubt, BUT just as they do on calls that dont involve "adult entertainers".

As we know..we have to be good on calls, bad guys dont usually have to adhere our "rules"
                I find it interesting you just equated strippers.with both bad guys and immaturity. The question is should it keep them from being in LE? If they are called into question for.strippkng why are their patrons not regarded in the same light? If you are or were a stripper you are somehow not professional?
                sigpic

Comment

Smurfette I think the difference is who is being "exposed".

I think a lot of departments would have a problem with it. There have been officers fired in the past for posting pictures of themselves in the public domain the agency did not care for. I know there was a female officer (in TX I believe) who was fired for posing in Playboy and that was held up as justified by the courts.

Personally if I were a chief, I would probably enquire about what led her down that path. If I thought she was mature and had put it behind her I wouldn't have a big problem with it. I would probably prefer however that we were not the same town (or nearby) as her pervious career. I would also like for her to ensure me there aren't any videos floating around the internet that will come back and bite us on the behind.
                  Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
                    Smurfette I think the difference is who is being "exposed".

I think a lot of departments would have a problem with it. There have been officers fired in the past for posting pictures of themselves in the public domain the agency did not care for. I know there was a female officer (in TX I believe) who was fired for posing in Playboy and that was held up as justified by the courts.

Personally if I were a chief, I would probably enquire about what led her down that path. If I thought she was mature and had put it behind her I wouldn't have a big problem with it. I would probably prefer however that we were not the same town (or nearby) as her pervious career. I would also like for her to ensure me there aren't any videos floating around the internet that will come back and bite us on the behind.
                    we're talking about someone that was a stripper prior to LE. What if i had issue with your former occupation as a farmer, bouncer, preacher? They' re all legal as is stripping. As for pictures, thats a slippery slope and certainly not limited to strippers. Many a couple has 'those' pictures and i would.dare.a.chief to question me about my adult and consenting sexual practices.

Excuse the periods. I have a new phone and it is right beside the spacebar.
                    sigpic

Comment

LOL. I can see this applicant using her prior stripping experience to explain how she would work well undercover.

Comment

Need pictures to respond adequately
                        "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

I find it interesting you just equated strippers.with both bad guys and immaturity. The question is should it keep them from being in LE? If they are called into question for.strippkng why are their patrons not regarded in the same light? If you are or were a stripper you are somehow not professional?
                          Ummmm......No ma'am...I neither equated strippers with bad guys nor immaturity, actually you did, (at least with the "suspect" part), as I was responding to your post.....

I advised if I handled a call involving a stripper, (where in your post you advised she was a "victim or a suspect"), I would act professionally as Im sure most other officers would.. I AM IMMATURE, therefore Im sure I would be making comments after the call was over to my co-workers about her or her profession...youre a cop and you know that cops talk after calls usually about the calls they were just on...a known stripper would most likely generate the subject of that conversation between LEOs during that time..

Too make sure, I have re-read my post twice now just in case I mis-typed, as you usually dont mis-read things, but I cannot find where I equated the 3. Am I missing something??

Respectfully,
                          CC

EDITED TO ADD: I think I see what youre saying...my last line about we have to follow rules, bad guys dont...MEANING - WE probably wont make cat calls, suggestions, "unprofessional behavior", etc to a stripper if encountered during a call.

The "bad guys", (the ones giving the stripper female cop crap), DO NOT abide by our code of "professionalism" and therefore it may be highly likely that an a-ahole bad guy would harrass the female arresting him who used to be a stripper..
                          I apologize for not articulating that earlier
                          respectfully...
                          Last edited by crass cop; 05-07-2011, 07:13 PM.
                          The Tick

sanitizer

Comment

we're talking about someone that was a stripper prior to LE. What if i had issue with your former occupation as a farmer, bouncer, preacher? They' re all legal as is stripping. As for pictures, thats a slippery slope and certainly not limited to strippers. Many a couple has 'those' pictures and i would.dare.a.chief to question me about my adult and consenting sexual practices.

Excuse the periods. I have a new phone and it is right beside the spacebar.
                            I agree...however being a farmer, bouncer or preacher has less of a chance to bite the dept in the butt or cause embarrassment to them than a stripper.

I agree with MDREP as if it was a different community, town, city, state, whatever where there would be a very unlikely chance that any "customers" swould recognize her and perhaps cause problems, then I personally would not have a problem with it...depts need to look out for themselveswhen hiring and want to not put themselves in a position where they will have issues
                            The Tick

sanitizer

Comment

I find it interesting you just equated strippers.with both bad guys and immaturity.
                              Let me start off by saying. I don't really have a problem with stripping as a profession and I don't think it should limit someone's ability to get a career in law enforcement on the surface.

*HOWEVER* I've worked in a city that bordered a strip club. As such I've backed up a lot of calls in strip clubs and have dealt with strippers at our hotel and traffic stops. I will say prostitution and drug use is very common among strippers. Also I wonder about the personality who is attracted to stripping as a profession. So I think a stripper is far more likely to have more stuff in their background opposed to people in other professions.

But like I said if they have a clean background, I don't see a problem with them getting a cop job.

BTW... went to the academy with a female that had worked briefly as a stripper 10 years prior. I wouldn't she was top of the class. But she did fine in the academy and 6+ years later is still in law enforcement.
                              Last edited by Dingo990; 05-07-2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3698 users online. 202 members and 3496 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X