300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are my chances officially ruined?

Just got pulled over earlier today. My birthday is in April so I pondered for a minute while waiting on the officer it hit my that my tag was expired but he also informed me that my insurance had lapsed.
    My mother lives with me so we split some bills and apparently she failed to pay my insurance or something.

In short, I got insurance immediately afterwards, I know it was MY responsibility to keep tabs on these things and I am the one to blame.

Question 1: Since this is my first offense will the judge likely go easy on me?
    Question 2: Will this ruin my chances of a LE career?

1. Possibly
    2. Not likely. It's a small offense. I wouldn't go applying right away but with a little time this too shall pass.

Comment

What was the fine for the insurance?

Comment

Originally posted by BigW View Post
        1. Possibly
        2. Not likely. It's a small offense. I wouldn't go applying right away but with a little time this too shall pass.
        ^^^^^ I wouldn't worry about this^^^^^^^^
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

The fine for "No Insurance" isnt available to me yet, I called and they said to wait 7-10 days.

Comment

Get a lawyer or try to work out a deal with a prosecutor. Some states will automatically suspend a license for 30 days for a no insurance conviction

Comment

I would worry about you not taking care of your responsibilities even if they are split with your mom its still your responsibility to make sure there taken care of. Insurance expired and your tag...If it was just one or the other i could see it but not 2 or more issues.
              Last edited by Buffaloboy; 05-03-2011, 04:55 PM.
              Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Your chances are not ruined. Both of these things are infractions. You will probably have to put some distance between the infraction and your applications, but if this is the only bad thing in your background, you're probably ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffaloboy View Post
                  I would worry about you not taking care of your responsibilities even if they are split with your mom its still your responsibility to make sure there taken care of. Insurance expired and your tag...If it was just one or the other i could see it but not 2 or more issues.
                  Im aware of and have already stated about it being my responsibility, this is the first time I've ever even needed to renew my tag, I forgot partially due to having 1,000 things to do lately. Not creating excuses but new job, new house, and a multitude of other things let it catch me off guard, I shouldnt have put too much trust in my mother to take care of would I should have been doing, simply.

Comment

Originally posted by TLM4590 View Post
                    Not creating excuses but..
                    Yes, you are. You ****ed up, it happens, fix it and move on. These are traffic tickets, you'll probably be fine, but not if you start spewing excuses at your BI when the time comes.

Comment

Im aware of and have already stated about it being my responsibility, this is the first time I've ever even needed to renew my tag, I forgot partially due to having 1,000 things to do lately. Not creating excuses but new job, new house, and a multitude of other things let it catch me off guard, I shouldnt have put too much trust in my mother to take care of would I should have been doing, simply.
                      Knock off the B.S. B.S being what you posted above. You already correctly noted the insurance/tag was your responsibility. To your question.
                      1). Possibly, I can't speak for the Judge.
                      2). No. the citations are not killers.

Comment

Just got pulled over earlier today. My birthday is in April so I pondered for a minute while waiting on the officer it hit my that my tag was expired but he also informed me that my insurance had lapsed.
                        My mother lives with me so we split some bills and apparently she failed to pay my insurance or something.

In short, I got insurance immediately afterwards, I know it was MY responsibility to keep tabs on these things and I am the one to blame.

Question 1: Since this is my first offense will the judge likely go easy on me?
                        Question 2: Will this ruin my chances of a LE career?
                        my biggest question is: you want to be a cop and you make your mommy pay for YOUR insurance? lack of responsibility.
                        Originally posted by crass cop
                        Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Your chances are RUINED!! Search for a new career!! I don't want to work with someone who has had expired tags! CRIMINAL!
                          J/K
                          You will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LaPlaca View Post
                            my biggest question is: you want to be a cop and you make your mommy pay for YOUR insurance? lack of responsibility.
                            No, my mother lives with me temporarily due to her health problems. We split bills.

Comment

No, my mother lives with me temporarily due to her health problems. We split bills.
                              So your lack of responsibility has lead you not to check and see if all your ducks are in a row...You need some maturing and growing before thinking about getting into this field. Give it a couple more years and see how you have changed and if it is appropriate at that point to try again.
                              Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2640 users online. 140 members and 2500 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X