300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride-along thankyous (revisited)

Just wondering about something that occurred after a recent ride-along...

I mailed a handwritten thank-you note to the officer I rode with, addressed correctly to him at his location and it came back "Return to Sender - Not Deliverable as Addressed". I'm thinking that maybe he didn't recognize my name on the return address label and declined to accept it. I had also sent a printed letter to his sergeant at the same address and it didn't get returned.

You can only speculate, so my question is: Do officers not like to accept mail that's sent to them at the station because it might be...I don't know...hazardous, sabotaged, etc.?

Originally posted by TheBoxer View Post

I mailed a handwritten thank-you note to the officer I rode with, addressed correctly to him at his location and it came back "[B]Return to Sender - Not Deliverable as Addressed".[/B] I'm thinking that maybe he didn't recognize my name on the return address label and declined to accept it. I had also sent a printed letter to his sergeant at the same address and it didn't get returned.

You can only speculate, so my question is: Do officers not like to accept mail that's sent to them at the station because it might be...I don't know...hazardous, sabotaged, etc.?
    I'd guess you either wrote the wrong address or the post office screwed up. You don't get mail sent back with "return to sender- not deliveralbe as addressed" because the person didn't want the letter it's because there was something wrong with the address.

Comment

Just drop it off at the station; problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxer View Post

I mailed a handwritten thank-you note to the officer I rode with, addressed correctly to him at his location and it came back "Return to Sender - Not Deliverable as Addressed". I'm thinking that maybe he didn't recognize my name on the return address label and declined to accept it. I had also sent a printed letter to his sergeant at the same address and it didn't get returned.

If a person doesn't want to accept mail sent to them through the regular mail (i.e. not certified) they don't have a choice. It gets dropped in a PO Box, a mailbox or place of employment and the person can't just contact the USPS and say they don't want it. If it got sent back "Return to Sender" then either the address doesn't exist, there was insufficient postage, or something along those lines.

I don't have a choice what mail I do, or don't, get at the station. It gets dropped off daily with the ladies at the front window, and they distribute it to my mailbox.
        Originally posted by K40
        To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
        ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4620 users online. 281 members and 4339 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X