300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintaining Certification

First sorry if this is in the wrong section and I didn't have time to search, so please point in the right direction if there is already a discussion on this or if this is in the wrong area.

I recently graduated from the police academy have my certification. If I don't receive a job within a year I will need to take a refresher course if I receive a job with in two years, anything more requires retake of entire academy. Anyway, I notice that a few hospitals are hiring police/security personnel (some say police officer others say security officer). Almost all of them require the certification; my question is if they require the certification and I obtain employment with them, will that maintain my certification should I attempt to get hired by a department? Or would I potentially have to take a refresher/the entire academy over again?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes people win the Darwin Award.

Some hospitals carry your commission, others don't. In my area one hospital does because they are a PD. One does not carry your commission for some odd reason. I think it has to do with being specials through the city. If the hospital you get on with does not, apply for auxiliary with a PD in your area, that will hold your commission and keep it active.

Comment

Thanks for the response Ohio. That was exactly the answer I'm looking for.
      Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes people win the Darwin Award.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4415 users online. 242 members and 4173 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X