Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've got one heck of a problem..........

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got one heck of a problem..........

I took my car in to a repair shop to be detailed and have a new stereo system put in. This was Thursday morning early. Thursday afternoon the owner called me saying it looked like it would take another day.

On Friday,late afternoon,I called and got no answer so I left a message. Never heard anything back.

Now I've found out the owner is most likely in jail!! How do I get my car back?

And what if it's all torn up,with stereo not installed and so on?

It was a one-man repair shop and I'm very concerned about my car,how to handle the situation and so on. Any advice is welcomed! (Other than how stupid I was to take it there!)
    I'm old......that's all.

I wouldn't sweat it... He probably won't be in there too long anyway; unless it was a serious charge.

Any idea what he went to jail for?

How'd you even find out he was in jail in the first place if it's a one man repair shop? Were the police nice enough to leave a note on his business' door?

Comment

Originally posted by fiveOHfour View Post
      I wouldn't sweat it... He probably won't be in there too long anyway; unless it was a serious charge.

Any idea what he went to jail for?

How'd you even find out he was in jail in the first place if it's a one man repair shop? Were the police nice enough to leave a note on his business' door?
      DUI,excibition of acceleration,reckless driving and DV. And I hate to admit I heard it on the scanner but am glad I did as now I know my car won't be done tomorrow!!!! LOL!

I guess I'll just call the police station in the morning and see how to get my car out of there,see what damages have been done and try to get it in somewhere else. And he was the only person in town who installs stereo systems! Darn it anyway!

Thanks for the answer!
      I'm old......that's all.

Comment

You may just have to wait until he is released from jail. Although he gets drunk and races on some occasions, he still may be good at installing car stereos. The officers cannot go in his business to retrieve your car. If you have an extra set of keys and the vehicle is not locked up in a fenced lot or building, I don't see why you can't go get it and retrieve your other set of keys at a later time. I wouldn't necessarily assume that your car is damaged or that the job wasn't done just because this guy was arrested. If you do retrieve your car and the installation was done, you will need to pay him as soon as possible.
        I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Was he in your car when he got arrested?

Might be able to pick it up from Impound.

M-11
          “All men dream...... But not equally..
          Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
          but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
          for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
            Was he in your car when he got arrested?

Might be able to pick it up from Impound.

M-11
            No,he wasn't in my car. My car is locked up inside his shop.
            I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
              You may just have to wait until he is released from jail. Although he gets drunk and races on some occasions, he still may be good at installing car stereos. The officers cannot go in his business to retrieve your car. If you have an extra set of keys and the vehicle is not locked up in a fenced lot or building, I don't see why you can't go get it and retrieve your other set of keys at a later time. I wouldn't necessarily assume that your car is damaged or that the job wasn't done just because this guy was arrested. If you do retrieve your car and the installation was done, you will need to pay him as soon as possible.
              Ok,so now I may have to wait for...........a long time to get my car! Great! What happens if he doesn't get out any time soon?

If the work is done I'll happily pay for it or pay for what was completed. I'm able to pay for the work at the time of car being picked up but a 2 day job is turning into a possible 2 month loss of my car and my being disabled makes this a real problem. Can a family member open his shop and let me have my car? I have no problem paying for what's been done to whoever as long as I have a reciept! I just need my car!
              I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Just wait.........He will be out soon and you can deal with him then.

Sooooooooooooooooooo did you call the station?

This is not a big problem when you look at it from a slight distance.......................really no different than if he got sick and went into the hospital for a short stay.

If he doesn't get out soon...................I am sure he has family that can arrange for you to get your car. OR you can employ an attorney to work on the problem.
                Last edited by Iowa #1603; 04-25-2011, 09:17 AM.
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

It's just a DUI...he should of been out the next day if not sooner unless there's some extenuating circumstances to keep him locked up till his court date.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                    Just wait.........He will be out soon and you can deal with him then.

Sooooooooooooooooooo did you call the station?

This is not a big problem when you look at it from a slight distance.......................really no different than if he got sick and went into the hospital for a short stay.

If he doesn't get out soon...................I am sure he has family that can arrange for you to get your car. OR you can employ an attorney to work on the problem.
                    Called the number to his station.............left a message as there was no answer.

With the domestic violence charge against him,I'd imagine he won't allow her to get close to that shop and his dad,his only family,died a year ago. I'll call one of his personal friends that knows him way better than I do and see where that goes.

I sure don't want the expense of an attorney or add problems to his bad situation and I'm able to wait another day or so to see how things go.

Being as this family is well known for having serious problems and the wife is a very revengeful person,I think that notifying the police to the fact that my car is locked up in his shop is just a smart thing to do. I realize his insurance on the building and business would cover any "damages" but I'd still prefer they knew of it being there. Is there a reason he couldn't let one of the cops there that knows me unlock his shop long enough for me to get my car and then I can pay him when he gets out? Call me a worry-wort I guess.
                    I'm old......that's all.

Comment

The police won't care about your car being in his business.

You may not want to hire an attorney but if he stays in jail you will probably need to.

The wife----------------at least she has a legal right to go into the building...........a friend might not.

Your choice as to what to do...........................If there was no answer at the police station try the jail in your county there will be 24 hr coverage there
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                        The police won't care about your car being in his business.

You may not want to hire an attorney but if he stays in jail you will probably need to.

The wife----------------at least she has a legal right to go into the building...........a friend might not.

Your choice as to what to do...........................If there was no answer at the police station try the jail in your county there will be 24 hr coverage there
                        I mistook your asking if I'd called the station as meaning the guys station,not the LEO center! Sorry. No,I didn't call the station and I'm glad I didn't. After contacting one of his friends,I got the low down. The friend I contacted is finishing the work on my car as we speak and it'll be done later today. The owner of the shop had made arrangements before being taken to jail! I told ya I was a worry-wort! A phone call to me would have been nice but it's all ok now. Thanks for answering me,Iowa! Appreciate it!
                        I'm old......that's all.

Comment

I think based off of your other posts, you have drama, nothing more.
                          It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
                            I think based off of your other posts, you have drama, nothing more.
                            Ya beat me to it. Whole lot of drama in this lady's life.

Comment

Stop by the jail and visit the idiot . Find out if he has a wife, brother, girlfriend or some other family member that will open the place up and give you your vehicle. The drunk most likely would like to get paid seeing it will help with his bail money. Or he can use the money to buy some chips and beef sticks from canteen.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6400 users online. 337 members and 6063 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X