300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legal gun racks inside car/truck?

I know I can't put a rifle rack next to the driver seat/passenger seat, but I'm wondering what's considered legal for a rifle or shotgun in the car (not trunk) where it's locked out of sight but still in the car.

Thanks

P.S. not doing it until I'm of legal age to do so....
    Last edited by Taylor13; 04-24-2011, 07:28 PM.

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
    I know I can't put a rifle rack next to the driver seat/passenger seat.
    Why not?
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Do you mean the back window of a p/u truck? In plain view?
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I would imagine it varies by state. By out of sight, do you mean completely enclosed or just something that is hard to see from outside the car?

Comment

Hard to see or enclosed. It's not like I need a rifle at my disposal immediately for a felony stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
            Hard to see or enclosed. It's not like I need a rifle at my disposal immediately for a felony stop.
            youre worrying me dood.
            Originally posted by crass cop
            Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

I'm talking about for taking a road trip here... not going to kill anyone, but never know what you'll run into out on the open road, or the forest roads, or the mountains..

Comment

Deleted Deleted Deleted Deleted Deleted Deleted Deleted
                Last edited by nonickname69; 06-02-2015, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Taylor,

You need to back up and slow down. You are starting to slide into the wannabe mode. You DON'T need a shotgun in a quick release rack in your car. If you are that afraid to drive anywhere, don't. I see some arrests in your future.
                  Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by District B 13 View Post
                    Taylor,

You need to back up and slow down. You are starting to slide into the wannabe mode. You DON'T need a shotgun in a quick release rack in your car. If you are that afraid to drive anywhere, don't. I see some arrests in your future.
                    +1

I'm smelling wannabe....not good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by District B 13 View Post
                      Taylor,

Quick release? No.. I just want something enclosed that'll bolt or stay secure in a vehicle. I want to know what's recommended. Do you understand what I'm saying? I'm not buying a crown vic with a push bumper and a light on it.

Comment

Originally posted by wirefire2 View Post
                        Depends on the state. Check the state you're visiting for laws about weapons in vehicles.
                        Better yet, don't do it. Having a bunch of run-ins with cops over guns in your car will not look good.
                        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Me and my friend that moved up to NC a few years back want to get together again and go shooting and maybe some hunting... I'll be checking state laws and making sure I'm legal, like I said I just want to know what is recommended. I'm not going to be putting blue lights on an old pickup truck here.. that's pretty dumb.

Comment

Just use a regular protective rifle case.
                            Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Check for each state you drive thry as they may be diferent. In the trunk and unloaded is your safest bet.
                              Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4223 users online. 221 members and 4002 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X