Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research Question

Hello All!

I am a college student looking to do some independent research this Summer. (If you don't know what a peer-reviewed journal article is, just disregard this entire post). I'd like to present it at a Undergraduate Research Expo for CJ students next year and possibly have it published. This isn't really required for my degree or classes or anything, I'd just love to have a positive perception from my professors (good references for future job offers), but it is also something I am genuinely interested in doing. I've been looking at some research dealing with "Citizen Attitudes Toward Police Officers," but that has already been researched multiple times. I'd like to do something new so my research isn't like, ya know...pointless. I was just wondering if you LEO folk would like to see some data on something within the field of policing that can be useful for departments everywhere. Trust me, I've been thinking on this for awhile, I'd just love to have some feedback since my mind is drawing a blank so I figured I could see if you guys could spark something. Thanks!

*Disclaimer* This isn't necessarily "school-work." Yes, it will be submitted through my school but this is NOT something that has been assigned. I know you guys don't do our homework for us. Just looking to pick some brains!
    We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

OK, I want to tell you this as nicely as possible. As a matter of rather informal forum policy, we DO NOT do the following. Homework assignments, term papers, thesis', research projects or assignments. This,notwithstanding the language used in your request. The reasons for this policy are many and varied, but include use of Officer input/expertise with out credit or compensation. Certainly, any individual forum member is free to assist you should he/she desire to. Simply don't be disappointed when we're not standing in line waiting to help you. B T W, your "Disclaimer" is simply B.S. Your project IS school work. If you already know we don't do homework, then why ask us to? For your"research" to have a modicum of authenticity, you should actually, as in physically, proceed to your local Police Dept/Sheriff's Dept, and attempt to speak one on one with Officers concerning your questions and concerns.

Comment

PhilipCal;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I think he is just asking for Ideas for his research.......................

wcudrummer------------pretty much every topic involved in LE has been done to death over the years. Pick something that interests you so you will get "into" your project.

good luck
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by wcudrummer View Post
        I was just wondering if you LEO folk would like to see some data on something within the field of policing that can be useful for departments everywhere.
        How about researching the ratio of current police chiefs/sheriffs that are retarded to those not retarded. I haven't done any specific, scientific studies yet, but my hypothisis is: when promoted to the top, the human brain suffers some kind of massive implosion or stroke like effect which leads to retardation. If my observations are correct, then 100% of the police chiefs/sheriffs in the United States of America are infact, retarded. I'm interested to see what you find.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
          How about researching the ratio of current police chiefs/sheriffs that are retarded to those not retarded. I haven't done any specific, scientific studies yet, but my hypothisis is: when promoted to the top, the human brain suffers some kind of massive implosion or stroke like effect which leads to retardation. If my observations are correct, then 100% of the police chiefs/sheriffs in the United States of America are infact, retarded. I'm interested to see what you find.
          I think that is a side effect of the SPINECTOMEY required of all LEO CEO's
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

If all you want is an idea, why not look into departments that have changed their public perception from negative to positive. As I recall, LAPD in the 30's and 40's were considered to be 100% crooks. NYPD has had problems in the line as well.

As for LE Stupidvisors, our were required to get a frontal lobotomy to get promoted.
            "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
            John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth View Post
              As for LE Stupidvisors, our were required to get a frontal lobotomy to get promoted.
              Lobotomy for Lt, Spinectomy for Asst Chief and above

Comment

Our Special Agents in Charge & above spent a lot of time in Washington D.C., where there is no oxygen in the air. That killed the few remaining brain cells.
                "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                John Stuart Mill

Comment

Or a bad case of cranial rectitus which is an involuntary reaction for someone who has suddenly stopped nosing the brown of another. Optical rectitus is also an adverse reaction caused by the shixxy outlook on life.
                  Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5020 users online. 282 members and 4738 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X