Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just joined the academy black and blue stiker?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just joined the academy black and blue stiker?

Well when i got in to the academy a week ago, one of the instructors gave me a black and blue sticker, but i know if you put it in your car and you get pulled over you better back it up, i was wondering if i can put it on my car , or should i wait to finish the academy, i don't wanna be seen as a lame posser by an officer lol.

This may be a stupid question but i just wanted to know, thank you guys.
    Last edited by cgarvich; 04-22-2011, 10:45 AM.

Originally posted by cgarvich View Post
    Well when i got in to the academy a week ago, one of the instructors gave me a black and blue sticker, but i know if you put it in your car and you get pulled over you better back it up, i was wondering if i can put it on my car , or should i wait to finish the academy, i don't wanna be seen as a lame posser by an officer lol.

This may be a stupid question but i just wanted to know, thank you guys.
    Don't put it on your car at all. When you get hired, you'll understand why.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
      ^^^This.

On a side note, did you ever think that maybe the instructors are looking to weed out the whackers early?
      Originally posted by kontemplerande
      Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

As you make it through your law enforcement career you will realize that the last thing you want anyone to know is that you are cop. Michigan said it right when he said, "...you'll understand why."
        "Its not cheating, unless you get caught."-Al Bundy

Comment

Do the job for a year and you won't advertise it.

I've been thinking hard about getting a St. Michael tattoo......but I don't want to be thought of as one of "those guys."

Comment

Naaahhhh. Don't listen to them. Just make sure you put the sticker on the bumper. I have an ex CHP car, still black and white, with pushbars, 911 stickers, red and blue lights, a cage, a computer, and scanners and tinted windows. I don't worry about anyone thinking I'm a cop...
            Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LawFowl View Post
              Do the job for a year and you won't advertise it.

I've been thinking hard about getting a St. Michael tattoo......but I don't want to be thought of as one of "those guys."
              Go for it! St Michael is the Patron Saint of MANY:

Paratroopers; Police officers; Mariners; Grocers; the sick; Paramedics; the German people; the Archdiocese of Toronto; the Archdiocese of Newark; The Cherubim and Seraphim Church Worldwide; the Unification Council of Cherubim and Seraphim Army of Salvation (UCCAS); guardian or protector of the Jewish people.
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

lol that makes sense.

Comment

Throw that Dam* sticker in the garbage...you will thank us later.

Comment

Originally posted by michigan View Post
                    don't put it on your car at all. When you get hired, you'll understand why.
                    exactly!!!!! +1000
                    Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Lol got it, thats maybe why he gave me the stiker lol.

Comment

Give it to your girl friend and tell her not to put it on anything till you get hired. It will make her feel special and she will probably lose it before then. If she doesn't tell her to save it because it's 'special to you'.
                        Originally posted by Ceridwen
                        Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                          There's your answer.

Comment

Generally speaking, any time you see any sort of badge or police insignia sticker on the window of a car, it's been put there by someone who thinks cops do that sort of thing. They think it will get them out of a ticket.

I have surprised many people with these stickers when I return to their cars with a citation book in my hand.

Comment

In my academy class, a guy came around selling duty bags with "Police" embroidered on the top. A couple cadets bought them and were little singled out by instructors.

Same thing happened in the Army, if you got off the bus at processing wearing the "Army shirt" they gave you at enlistment (be all you can be when I joined... been awhile). They would rip your sh*t.

Point is, avoid it.

Chuck... I agree. Those stickers are a joke, along with FOP ones. I don't know about out in LA, but here in the KC area we have a running joke. 2 or more FOP (sheriff association, ect) stickers on the car and someone is probably going to jail on that traffic stop.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6719 users online. 355 members and 6364 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X