Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you ever tap on a test in the academy?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you ever tap on a test in the academy?

Meaning did you ever fail a test and then have to retake later on. I tap today. I did not miss it by much, I made a 70% and needed to make 80%. I knew I would have a week almost before having to retake it. I knew about question 30 it was going too be close out of 50 question.

To be honest, I never failed an exam during my LE career - academy, in-service, etc. I did fail two promotionals because I did not study and was not ready to become a supervisor. To fail an academy exam means you did not pay attention to your instructor, did not comprehend the topic, or failed to study the materials. The only remedy is to prepare yourself in the proper manner prior to your retake. Discuss it with your classmates, instructor or a tutor. Read and understand the lessons notes, written handouts, etc. Good luck!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Nope

It's been a few years but I think I had about a 91% GPA at the academy.

That put me just barely in the top half of the class.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

No, never failed a test in the academy. My hardest one was civil process because I hated it, but I passed.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I don't think I ever came close to failing an academy test....that's the one place you don't want to fail a test.

Comment

No, never failed. I remember a few people in my academy dd... some made it, some didn't.

Study harder, do your best. Don't accept failure.

GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
              To be honest, I never failed an exam during my LE career - academy, in-service, etc. I did fail two promotionals because I did not study and was not ready to become a supervisor. To fail an academy exam means you did not pay attention to your instructor, did not comprehend the topic, or failed to study the materials. The only remedy is to prepare yourself in the proper manner prior to your retake. Discuss it with your classmates, instructor or a tutor. Read and understand the lessons notes, written handouts, etc. Good luck!
              Well it was not from not paying attention to class stuff. I simply rushed myself to take it. I had all day but I just felt rushed. I just simply did not get it done. I also kinda let the head game get into my head of " This is the hardest exam" and don't get me wrong it was hard but after going back over the notes I saw real fast I could have and should have pass. Today was a ADD and being cocky got the best of me. It's something that has me wide awake now. Simply dumb mistake and I am sure I will score pretty high in six days. This has me in check now. I don't know what was worse the chewing I gave myself or my wife chewing. I think I will go with her chewing me out.

Comment

I graduated third in my academy class. I studied my *** off. Not to toot my own horn, but TOOOOT TOOOT

Comment

Last edited by Code6Chuck; 02-23-2012, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Never failed a a CA POST test, we had 11 cadets with the top scores, it was equal scores across the board at the end of the academy. I was one of those 11 cadets.

Comment

I also scored above a 90% average in my academy and wasn't in the top five highest academically.

As others have said/alluded to, most academy tests are pretty easy. If you fail one, it was because you aren't paying attention in class or studying. I don't say this to criticize you, because lord knows I've failed to prepare myself properly a time or two in my life. Just study harder/pay or attention in class. If you are a poor test taker, you might seek some tutoring.

Comment

I not worry about it.. I mean if I bomb the sucker I would be. I have six days to get it together. There only soo many ways they can ask you this stuff. I feel like I be better prepared for it next week. I just need to cue in some areas and not for get the others. If I can't get it in six days, y'all better have my brain check. LOL

Comment

Around here if you fail the second test you're booted out.
                          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I think I may have failed one or two exams, but I graduated. I think I maintained about a 90% academic ratio. But that's not really important. Just try to work on the things you missed, and tackle it again. We've had people in our class that were brilliant academically, but when it came to applying they couldn't do it. The books are important, but not as important as applying the material on the street. Learn inside, but learn outside too.

And just because you toss an exam doesn't always mean that a person didn't study or didn't listen to their instructor, don't believe that. Sometimes you can study all the notes and cram all the information and it just doesn't come together and you don't do well. In that case, try to see if there's someone that can help you and if so, try to get with them.
                            <--- "The man"

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                              Around here if you fail the second test you're booted out.
                              yep same here. well, you have to get a 100% on the test. the second test comprises of the questions you missed. i swear the hardest test was the law class lol. buddy of mine bolted through it because he had to use the bathroom, he was the first to finish and the only 100 on the first go around
                              dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5597 users online. 304 members and 5293 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X