Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEOs perception of general public

Just something i'm curious about.

can being in Law Enforcement cause you as a person to end up with a negative perception of the general public?

maybe a better question is: are there phases within a Law Enforcement career in which your perception about the general public changes?
    e.g.
    Rookie - very positive view, wants to save society from the bad guys, still thinks people are good.
    Experienced (3-6 years) - more negative view, you must prove your not a bad guy, suspicious of people
    Verteran - (6-20+years) - realistic positive view, not all people are bad but some are, is not suspicious but can easily detect ill-intented people

i know those are very general categories and that all people are different. i am not using this to try to stereotype LEOs, but i am just interested in learning how people are affected by the environments they are in.

You learn very quickly to never take things at face value.

Keep in mind that 99% of the time we are dealing with the worst society has to offer.

-V

Comment

I am not sure that it has affected my overall opinion of the public in general. The more time in the more I look into the crowd to see the signs. I find that I will size up people in the mall or where ever I am that there may be a large crowd.

Wal Mart is the worst….talk about your Spidy senses going crazy.
      Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
        I am not sure that it has affected my overall opinion of the public in general. The more time in the more I look into the crowd to see the signs. I find that I will size up people in the mall or where ever I am that there may be a large crowd.

It's funny you mention Walmart, because if there is ever a place i feel the need to conceal carry, it's Walmart!!

Comment

We spend 90% of our time with 10% of the population, so yes, we get a warped view of society in general. It takes a daily effort to remember that the majority of the people are not complete dirt bags.
          Originally posted by kontemplerande
          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

There are A LOT of stupid people in the world.
            Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

How about a thread titled....LEOs perception of police administration OR LEOs perception of local elected officials.....now that would have some interesting responses!!!

My perception....everyone lies and everyone has an angle. Also, the shift you work greatly impacts these feelings and the job assignment does also.
              Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog4907 View Post
                How about a thread titled....LEOs perception of police administration OR LEOs perception of local elected officials.....now that would have some interesting responses!!!
                I have nothing but the highest admiration and respect for my administration. They are the finest group of human beings that have ever walked the face the Earth. It is my humble privilege to occasionally bask in their awe-inspiring glow.

Wait, let me check the policy manual and see if there is anything else, I'm supposed to say in this situation.... oh yeah, here it is: I am incredibly fortunate to have the privilege of benefiting from their magnanimous generosity and unbounded knowledge.

There, I think I hit all the high points I'm supposed to....
                Originally posted by kontemplerande
                Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

I think (as a general rule) a person is smart. People are effing stupid.
                  sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Wal Mart is the worst….talk about your Spidy senses going crazy.[/QUOTE]

Lol....i am not an LEO and my spider senses go crazy in Wal Mart. Wish it was just my spider sense but it also hurts my sight, smell.....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog4907 View Post
                      that will be my next thread
                      of course to be fair, i need to do a thread on: what is the police admin and local elected officials perception of local LEOs

Comment

Originally posted by justme13 View Post
                        Lol....i am not an LEO and my spider senses go crazy in Wal Mart. Wish it was just my spider sense but it also hurts my sight, smell.....lol.
                        You can't post here.
                        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by justme13 View Post
                          Lol....i am not an LEO and my spider senses go crazy in Wal Mart. Wish it was just my spider sense but it also hurts my sight, smell.....lol.[/QUOTE]
                          Read the rules. Don't post here.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy04 View Post
                            that will be my next thread
                            of course to be fair, i need to do a thread on: what is the police admin and local elected officials perception of local LEOs
                            We can help you with that.

Police admin....prior to being appointed to this position, I responded to calls exactly the same way as my officers do now. In fact, I trained many of them to respond in the manner they do. Many of them do what they do because they saw me do it the same way and in fact it is the proper way to respond. I know that the majority of the time they are spot on with their decisions. However, upon being appointed to this position, I agree with whatever the council wants me to agree with regardless if they are right or wrong. The reason for this is because when I kissed their butts for this appointed position in an office, behind a desk and far from danger, I agreed to give the council my spine.

Elected official...during campaign...the LE of this community is absolutely outstanding in professionalism and their daily sacrifices to make this the safest community. In fact I have sought their support in my bid for election.

After being elected....Who??? LEO are the evil of the community. They prey on the innocent voters, are over paid and underworked. They are the reason this community is bankrupt. With the exception of my personal security detail, the PD sucks, they should all be investigated and I'm sure they are all guilty of whatever, you the voter, suspect they are guilty of. Vote for me again and I'll make it my mission to clean up this dept.
                            Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Comment

What characteristics of a person tell you they are trouble? Do you go by dress or the look on a persons face?
                              Firefighters tease cops, cops tease firefighters, it's the natural order of things!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3247 users online. 154 members and 3093 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X