300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Ticket

Got a notice in the mail from the City of Detroit reminding me that I had to pay a parking ticket from March 8th. Had my plate and drivers license # on it, but the thing is, the last time I was actually in Detroit was last June for a Tiger's game, and I paid 15 dollars to park in a lot off Woodward. Anyway, it was 50 bucks or get my car booted or get my license suspended, so I just paid the money. I don't know. It seems like fighting a parking ticket in court would cost more than 50 dollars, in terms of time and hassle. Has this type of thing happened to anyone here?

It would be hard to prove it wasn't your car..............................I would have paid it too
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Parking tickets normally don't have a driver's license number on them.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Did you have to leave your keys when you parked?

If keys are available, some parking lot attendants will skim by moving customers cars to the street and parking them illegally. As new customers arrive, they park them in the newly vacated space and pocket the money. Towards the end of the game as patrons leave, the move the illegally parked cars off the street and back onto the lot, throwing away any tickets they received. The owner never discovers what happened until months later when they het a failure to appear notice on their car for the unpaid ticket.

Parking lot management is oblivious or doesn't care. All they are concerned about is their lot has X number of parking spaces and they collect revenue for that number of spaces. In some cases, parking managers take a cut of the skim from their attendants.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
          Parking tickets normally don't have a driver's license number on them.
          Well, this was a notice I got in the mail for failure to pay the ticket. So it had my plate number, which ties to my registration, etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

If keys are available, some parking lot attendants will skim by moving customers cars to the street and parking them illegally. As new customers arrive, they park them in the newly vacated space and pocket the money. Towards the end of the game as patrons leave, the move the illegally parked cars off the street and back onto the lot, throwing away any tickets they received. The owner never discovers what happened until months later when they het a failure to appear notice on their car for the unpaid ticket.

Parking lot management is oblivious or doesn't care. All they are concerned about is their lot has X number of parking spaces and they collect revenue for that number of spaces. In some cases, parking managers take a cut of the skim from their attendants.
            Although that would explain the cite, how could it explain the DL number?
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

That's the thing. The notice I got was for unauthorized parking on 2nd St. on March 8. The last time I was in Detroit was when I parked at Woodward and Sibley last June. I've parked there when going to Tigers games since 2004. I'm not even sure where 2nd St. in Detroit is.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

No. I keep the keys, and they give you a stub to put on top of the dashboard so they know you paid to park for the event. The only thing I can think of is that someone saw a car parked in violation, wrote down the plate number, and got it wrong. Well, I've done my charity work for the month, I paid someone's parking ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                  Although that would explain the cite, how could it explain the DL number?
                  Around here, when an actual Police Officer officer writes a parking ticket, they will typically locate the owner in DOR and put down all the available information.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6714 users online. 349 members and 6365 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X