300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...."Why do you want to be a police officer?"

Something I have been curious about in regards to the Oral Review board is the question dealing with "why I want to become a cop?" I know it will be asked and I am needing some advice on what way to answer it. Not how to answer it but how to approach it. I want to become an officer and I know why, but should my answer to the board be the long drawn out response of what in my life has led me to want to do this, or the, "because I've always wanted to do it" short type of answer? I just do not want to make my answer sound as if it came out of a book. Thanks for those who post!
    Nate
    (just to make it clear, I am not looking for help on what to say but how I should approach the question to the Oral Board)

Well Nate the only real answer I can give you is to answer honestly and from the heart. Don't say anything just because it's what you think they want to hear. Other than that, it's an interview to find out about YOU, not us. I don't say that to be rude, I say it because it's the truth.

Comment

thats really good advice. Thanks major g. I appreciate it.

Comment

We just did interviews last night; I agree wholeheartedly with major g, I was most impressed with one candidate that didn't seem to be rehearsed or have a "canned" answer...

Good luck.
        It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
        Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Just don't tell them it's because you want to shoot people.

Comment

Things not to say.

blue lights are cool
            I love to go fast
            chicks dig the badge
            free soda at the stop-n-rob
            now I can legally carry a gun

This is a question only you can answer, this is a question that has no right or wrong answer.
            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3410 users online. 173 members and 3237 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X