300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memorization....

I was just wondering if it would be helpful to start memorizing all of the different codes now before I join the academy/PD I'm applying to, or to wait until I get on with a department. I was told that different states have different codes, but am unsure of if that's true or not. Along with the codes, any other things I should start memorizing as well? (military alphabet, state laws, etc.)
    Thanks
    Nate

yes, some different agencies have different codes. I wouldnt do it...wait until you get on somewhere..it will come to you quickly as thats all you will hear
    some agencies dont use military phoenetics, (alpha, bravo, etc)...some use Adam, boy, Charles, etc
    again..wait and use the time to study Police Supremem Court cases or just start running and working out
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Yes different states and departments within the states have different codes. Plus, a lot of departments are going with "plain english" to avoid confusion with other departments. So don't waste your time memorizing codes, it's useless and is one of the easier things you'll have to do compared to everything else.

A lot of what you will need to "memorize" will depend on where you work.... Some examples are: Geography (street names, etc), Laws, department policy, etc, etc.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3435 users online. 180 members and 3255 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X