Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time 24 (1976 also oneoldcop),second time(the better one) 49.Had to give it up when my first wifes brother was LODD.When she died,2 years later I was back in it,for the duration(I hope).
    Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

24 when I was officially sworn in, but you could say I started this job right out of the womb. I'm a third generation cop. (One of five in three generations too.)
      \

Comment

I was 32. Wish I had done it at 22.

Comment

Ive been trying since i was 18 so its a little frustrating when I am not taken. I will have my associates this may and i'll be 22 in June so hopefully that will put me closer to my goal.

Comment

Sworn in at 22.
            sigpic

Comment

20 when I started working in the jail, 22 when I was sworn in as a Deputy. I didn't mess around.

Comment

Got on at 29, started the day after my birthday.
                "Massachusetts it's NOT All here!!!!"

Comment

I was 22 years and 5 months old when I got hired as a jail deputy and 23 years and 10 months old when I went on the road.
                  To be honest I don't remember too much about losing my virginity. All I remember is I had been awake for almost 86 hours, I was on the roof of a Public Storage building in what seemed to be a freezing rainstorm, and Christopher Walken was there with a disposable camera that he kept winding even though it had clearly run out of pictures.

Comment

I was 20 and a few months when I started applying (earliest they would allow at that time here in LA), just over 21 when hired, almost 22 by the time I finished the academy.......23 when I hit patrol. I started in 1988.
                    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

20 and change when I was sworn in...
                      Carpe Noctem

Comment

For the people who started under 21 years of age, in the states that you live in, what is the age in which you can possess a hand gun? In my state a person has to be 21 in order to carry a handgun and I always here the stories about the 19 year old recruit who gets hired because he is related to the Captain or something of that nature. Doesn't really make sense to me because they can't really be a part of all aspects of the job.

Comment

21 to BUY. 18 to possess. Yes, it's that simple.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Guams View Post
                            21 to BUY. 18 to possess. Yes, it's that simple.
                            Yes, very true. Had a little brain fart should have thought before I went on my mini rant.

Comment

28 with the offer, should be 28 when I get sworn in.
                              Sworn - 9/16/11

Comment

23, after I got done with college.
                                The academy teaches you skills, the street gives you experience, but it all comes down to your instinct.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4566 users online. 252 members and 4314 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X