Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for honest feedback about my bacground.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for honest feedback about my bacground.

Never mind
    Last edited by D.T.O.M; 04-14-2016, 06:38 PM.

Mods if this beolongs in the hiring section please feel free to move it. Sorry if I put it in the wrong section.

Comment

You started a thread on 08/21/09 regarding your credit. In that post you claimed no drug use, in this post you claim marijuana. Unfortunately you are worried about everything in your background except HONESTY.

Comment

I would be a bit worried about your employment history..................all those problems in the past & attendance problems betewen 2005 and 2010 make me as a supervisor/administrator a bit nervous.

YES you have explanations and/or excuses for them...........but they make me wonder if I really want to put a lot of money into hiring and training you.

All of that said------------------I don't know how much weight a HR official or a Chief would give to those problems. I highly doubt they are fatal problems. But with the glut of highly qualified applicants who have no skeletons in their closets-------you most likely will have an up hill battle.

Fill out every application you can, & test everywhere within a reasonable distance.

Good Luck
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Your employment history is a concern that you will have to explain. Way too much detail about your education. Your education should read "GED plus 100 college credit hours" or something like that. If someone wants to know, they'll ask. All of that minutia is not necessary.

Comment

Have you considered going into the military to help gain some stability? Doing four years in the Navy helped pave a great path for the rest of my future.

Comment

Originally posted by NavySAR View Post
              Have you considered going into the military to help gain some stability? Doing four years in the Navy helped pave a great path for the rest of my future.
              ^^^What the guy with the black eye said...^^^
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Smurfette
              Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
              Originally posted by DAL
              You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Can you post your SS# next post please?

TMI for the net man...
                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I don't think its TERRIBLE but there are some red flags. Id work on keeping the same job for awhile. The other thing I noticed is that there is a lot of stuff that you don't seem to accept responsibility for in your post.
                  For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Nevermind.....
                    Last edited by D.T.O.M; 04-14-2016, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Never mind.
                      Last edited by D.T.O.M; 04-14-2016, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M.C.S.D View Post
                        In your opinion, how would it look if I stayed with both of my employers for a few more years, or at least until I finish school before applying? Not that Im syaing I am going to leave or anything, I still am in school and need both of them to help pay for it, along with all of my bills. By the time I graduate Ill have been with my part time 3 years, and my full time 2, plus going to school full time.
                        The longer you have a job------------the better it looks on your job history summary.

Originally posted by M.C.S.D View Post
                        Heres a question for you Iowa, you said "YES you have explanations and/or excuses for them...........but they make me wonder if I really want to put a lot of money into hiring and training you.". Do you think the fact that I was hired by a SD as a CO, went through the academy, Exceled in that academy and subsiquant training, and had a good employment record with them prior to the whole family health issue, speeks well for me when talking about the employment issues, or their thinking when it comes to investing in me to train me?.
                        Normally all of those things are very positive-----and they still are to a point. HOWEVER your job related problems happened AFTER you were hired with the SO, and AFTER you went through the academy…….

My first blush reaction in reading all of your job related is that the stress of the profession was too much and your job performance suffered because of that stress. REMEMBER, I said first reaction…….

Your explanations in a face to face interview could very easily overcome that reaction coupled with a satisfactory Background Investigation report………………………don’t know , don’t have that in front of me.

I said before and I repeat…………………….I don’t think your problems are “fatal”. How you articulate the reasons for the employment problems between 2007 & 2009 and how you are going to make sure NONE of the problems crop up again-----is the driving force in your getting hired by a department.
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

M.C.S.D. I'm going to tell you . Seems like if it weren't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all. I know that sounds like a pretty harsh statement. Fact is, I'm not totally unsympathetic to your situation. I do see a considerable amount of minimization, rationalization, and excuses for some of the situations you described though. It took me two attempts to wade through your post, so I'll just hit the high points. You made some poor academic and job choices. The job choices, and subsequent poor performance will come back to haunt you, as will the traffic citations. Your financial situation is going to need some substantial improvement prior to you applying. All ot that said, I don't see any "fatal" aspects in your history, but presently the sum total is going to be a problem. You should consider, and I've said this many times, that the current law enforcement applicant pool is simply chock full of highly qualified applicants. This includes certified police officers, laid off/furloughed due to the poor economy. It is against such people who you'll be competing. If you have an ally it will be time. Time to build a solid and substantial work history, time,(three to five years) to build a violation free driving history, and time to get your financial house in order. This can be a substantial challenge, but it's imperative you accomplish it, if you have any thought of joining our ranks. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                            My first blush reaction in reading all of your job related is that the stress of the profession was too much and your job performance suffered because of that stress. REMEMBER, I said first reaction…….
                            I can deffinatly see how that could be seen that way as a first reaction. A little bit deeper though, it wasnt so much the stress of the profession, that I could handle. It was more so dealing with a seriously sick father, and driving 2 hours each way to work........... that was too much coupled with having to work full time. I love the job, and work well under stress, anyone who has worked with me can tell you that. The familyaspect just became too much to deal with, and when push came to shove I felt that I SHOULD (not had to) choose Family.

Comment

Nevermind...
                              Last edited by D.T.O.M; 04-14-2016, 06:59 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4251 users online. 232 members and 4019 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X