300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marijuana That is Legal in the Country

Hi I have a few questions regarding the same topic.

I'm not sure if this will affect the answer or not but I live in British Columbia, Canada. Vancouver~

1. If marijuana becomes legal in Canada (maybe sometime July 2011) and you start to use it for recreational use, will you be allowed to become a police officer?

And the answers might vary..? Maybe you might have the "chance" to still be a candidate but only if you quit within 2 years. That sort of thing. Or as long as you pass the "drug test". Or will it still be the typical rule where you have to show that you've put drugs behind your life and at least quit for a good 4-5+ years and THEN apply for a position..

2. If you partake in the usage of drugs such as marijuana, mdma and magic mushrooms, would 5+ years be long enough to show the department that drugs are behind in the past and that you've moved on?

I'm really confused and have tried to seek answers but none of them could clarify these two points. Thanks for the help!

Marijuana may or may not be a disqualification. Psychotropic drugs are almost always a life time disqualifier. You are better off not doing drugs if you want to go in to police work.

Ut humiliter opinor

Comment

The fact that Marijuana is legal in some countries, but not this one, is a point of contention in many employers eyes, police work is no different. A neighboring agency has an officer from the Netherlands, where Marijuana is commonplace. He openly admits to having used it while growing up there, but not in the 12 years since he's been in the United States. I suspect that you won't find a solid answer. Some agencies will be progressive enough to realize that you broke no laws, others will stick to their guns and say "no, thanks." As with any phase of the process, be honest about it and be prepared to explain yourself.

I would say that shrooms or other drugs will be a disqualifier in most cases. There's a pretty strong social stigma placed on drugs, with the exception of Marijuana. Cocaine, Heroin, Meth, PCP, etc are typically all immediate DQ's. I'm not 100% sure on shrooms, but i'm guessing they would be to.
      Originally posted by K40
      To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
      ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

How about just not smoking any dope at all? then you'll never have anything to worry about

Comment

Originally posted by shinigaml View Post
          I'm really confused !
          Nothing to be confused about...............

If an activity is legal, you don't have to worry about it.

If an activity is illegal, don't do that illegal activity.

One thing to remember though if you did something that was illegal when YOU PARTICIPATED IN THE ACTIVITY. It will always be that you did something illegal EVEN if that activity becomes legal later.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Depends on the agency. Most would disqual you on mushroom/MDMA use. Some would not for Marijuana. Sounds like you are making excuses/reasons to continue to smoke you wacky tobaccy though. Look at the question you typed and really ask yourself, am I serious about this?

Comment

Just smoke dope, do drugs. You are going to anyway. Then when you don't get the job, you can cry like a little pansy and post here about your dreams being shattered. ALL you little dipsticks need to grow up and stop listening to Rappers et al who tell you that dope is good, drugs are good, society has to change to allow you to do what you want.

You want to enforce the law? Then ****in' live up to it!
              Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Even if marijuana DID become legal in the U.S. or Canada, wouldn't current use by an individual seeking employment as an officer be considered behavior detrimental to the position? Alcohol is obviously legal, but many agencies screen to see if there is a pattern of misuse before employment, correct? I can't imagine the new line of officers coming into the profession if marijuana use was ok'd...“Did you just see that purple polka dotted dragon blow that stop sign?...trippy man, let's pull it over!”
                R.I.P. #2083, You will never be forgotten.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matt. 5:9

Inmates seem really into counting the number of officers it took to take them down. If only their love of math had blossomed earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by District B 13 View Post
                  Just smoke dope, do drugs. You are going to anyway. Then when you don't get the job, you can cry like a little pansy and post here about your dreams being shattered. ALL you little dipsticks need to grow up and stop listening to Rappers et al who tell you that dope is good, drugs are good, society has to change to allow you to do what you want.

You want to enforce the law? Then ****in' live up to it!
                  I would just like to add..........well nothing.................yep nothing to add...........sums it up prety good.
                  It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by shinigaml View Post
                    Hi I have a few questions regarding the same topic.

I'm not sure if this will affect the answer or not but I live in British Columbia, Canada. Vancouver~

1. If marijuana becomes legal in Canada (maybe sometime July 2011) and you start to use it for recreational use, will you be allowed to become a police officer?

And the answers might vary..? Maybe you might have the "chance" to still be a candidate but only if you quit within 2 years. That sort of thing. Or as long as you pass the "drug test". Or will it still be the typical rule where you have to show that you've put drugs behind your life and at least quit for a good 4-5+ years and THEN apply for a position..

2. If you partake in the usage of drugs such as marijuana, mdma and magic mushrooms, would 5+ years be long enough to show the department that drugs are behind in the past and that you've moved on?

I'm really confused and have tried to seek answers but none of them could clarify these two points. Thanks for the help!
                    Try this: Just say no. Don't do marijuana, don't do drugs. Keeps things simple, doesn't it?

Comment

If you would stay away from the green leafy substance you would not be so easily confused.

What's your crime?

Stampeding cattle.

That's not much of a crime

Through the Vatican

Kinky
                      Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6423 users online. 352 members and 6071 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X