Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPDEMT
    replied
    Nate, you sound like a good candidate. I say that mostly because we have very similar qualifications. I will be graduating with honors with a BA in Behavioral Science, minor in Crim Justice in 3 months. I have 2 years as an explorer, 2 years as a jailer, and also interned with the local probation dept. I have also never touched drugs, though I occasionally drink alcohol.
    The other extracurriculars you have engaged in seem to be good too. Eagle scout is always a plus and the volunteering at the shelter shows that you are community oriented.

That being said, you are a good candidate. Be confident in your self and your experiences. Even in this economy, you may be one of the ones they hire because of what you have accomplished.

Leave a comment:

• sigcopper
    replied
    All I could add is.....keep a positive work history going. Complete your degree and make positive contacts at your internship and at your local pd. Continue to volunteer and you might want to look at taking Spanish classes. Other than that, you sound like a good candidate. Now, don't do anything dumb to screw it all up!

Leave a comment:

• natejack12
    replied
    Thanks vincelli for the post. Believe it or not my post is 100% accurate. I've wanted to become an officer since I was 16 and have tried to live my life accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• vincelli
    replied
    If your post is true, you're probably the best candidate I've seen since I came to this forum.

Nice to finally see a post that doesn't contain "I's a paint-huffing burglary dood, dropped outta skewl at 4 grade cuz it's was borin. I gott to takes shrooms everday cuz I a addict-victim, besides it our right as amerikans. I canz be da Police, right? cool?"

-V

Leave a comment:

• OneAdam12
    replied
    You're on the right track, you just need some more ice cream seasons.

Leave a comment:

• IAM Rand
    replied
    This guy is like Herpes, just can't get rid of him.

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    Damn, every so often you get an applicant in here like this and you remember why you post advice in here.

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    Most police officers don't have any police experience when they are hired.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    I would encourage you to apply.

Leave a comment:

• natejack12
    replied
    My first post on this website, so definitely wasn't me. Yeah I just interned at AP&P, I have never worked for them. And I do deny taking any drugs because I've never done them before. Thanks for the replies!!! Keep them coming

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Yea but he actually (supposedly) worked in Probation/Parole ---not an internship

I think it was Texas also............

Leave a comment:

• Michigan
    replied
    Originally posted by LaPlaca View Post
    Well gee, this sounds prrreeettyyyyy familiar.....except for the denial of drug use this time i mean...

Didnt we just have a parole dude post recently only to be shot down in flames..?
    I believe you're right.

Leave a comment:

• LaPlaca
    replied
    Originally posted by natejack12 View Post
    I was just wondering if I would be qualified enough to be considered for a police officer, or if I would need additional experience. I am finishing up my degree in Behavioral Science (Bachelors). I am just finishing up an internship at the local Adult Probation & Parole where I did a lot of work with probationers/sex offenders. I was able to go on several ride alongs with the local PD's. I have never received a moving violation, never taken any drugs, never had any alcohol, never been in trouble with the law. I work out every day and try to run every day. I have played sports my entire life. I have volunteered at the local homeless shelter for the past 10 years. Eagle Scout. Please let me know if this would be sufficient enough to become an officer or if I would need additional experience in other areas. Thanks guys!!
    Nate
    Well gee, this sounds prrreeettyyyyy familiar.....except for the denial of drug use this time i mean...

Didnt we just have a parole dude post recently only to be shot down in flames..?

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by crass cop View Post
    it would depend on your target department's qualifications, but you sound fine to me
    ^^^^

Everything is dependent on the department that you are applying to................, but yea, you sound viable.

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    it would depend on your target department's qualifications, but you sound fine to me

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3982 users online. 259 members and 3723 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X