300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Qualified?

I was just wondering if I would be qualified enough to be considered for a police officer, or if I would need additional experience. I am finishing up my degree in Behavioral Science (Bachelors). I am just finishing up an internship at the local Adult Probation & Parole where I did a lot of work with probationers/sex offenders. I was able to go on several ride alongs with the local PD's. I have never received a moving violation, never taken any drugs, never had any alcohol, never been in trouble with the law. I work out every day and try to run every day. I have played sports my entire life. I have volunteered at the local homeless shelter for the past 10 years. Eagle Scout. Please let me know if this would be sufficient enough to become an officer or if I would need additional experience in other areas. Thanks guys!!
    Nate
    Last edited by natejack12; 04-15-2011, 12:33 PM.

Originally posted by natejack12 View Post
    I was just wondering if I would be qualified enough to be considered for a police officer, or if I would need additional experience. I am finishing up my degree in Behavioral Science (Bachelors). I am just finishing up an internship at the local Adult Probation & Parole where I did a lot of work with probationers/sex offenders. I was able to go on several ride alongs with the local PD's. I have never received a moving violation, never taken any drugs, never had any alcohol, never been in trouble with the law. I work out every day and try to run every day. I have played sports my entire life. I have volunteered at the local homeless shelter for the past 10 years. Eagle Scout. Please let me know if this would be sufficient enough to become an officer or if I would need additional experience in other areas. Thanks guys!!
    Nate
    Sounds like you'll be fine.

Comment

it would depend on your target department's qualifications, but you sound fine to me
      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
        it would depend on your target department's qualifications, but you sound fine to me
        ^^^^

Everything is dependent on the department that you are applying to................, but yea, you sound viable.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by natejack12 View Post
          Nate
          Well gee, this sounds prrreeettyyyyy familiar.....except for the denial of drug use this time i mean...

Didnt we just have a parole dude post recently only to be shot down in flames..?
          Originally posted by crass cop
          Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LaPlaca View Post
            Well gee, this sounds prrreeettyyyyy familiar.....except for the denial of drug use this time i mean...

Didnt we just have a parole dude post recently only to be shot down in flames..?
            I believe you're right.

Comment

Yea but he actually (supposedly) worked in Probation/Parole ---not an internship

I think it was Texas also............
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

My first post on this website, so definitely wasn't me. Yeah I just interned at AP&P, I have never worked for them. And I do deny taking any drugs because I've never done them before. Thanks for the replies!!! Keep them coming

Comment

I would encourage you to apply.

Comment

Most police officers don't have any police experience when they are hired.

Comment

Damn, every so often you get an applicant in here like this and you remember why you post advice in here.

Comment

This guy is like Herpes, just can't get rid of him.
                        Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

You're on the right track, you just need some more ice cream seasons.
                          Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

If your post is true, you're probably the best candidate I've seen since I came to this forum.

Nice to finally see a post that doesn't contain "I's a paint-huffing burglary dood, dropped outta skewl at 4 grade cuz it's was borin. I gott to takes shrooms everday cuz I a addict-victim, besides it our right as amerikans. I canz be da Police, right? cool?"

-V

Comment

Thanks vincelli for the post. Believe it or not my post is 100% accurate. I've wanted to become an officer since I was 16 and have tried to live my life accordingly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2651 users online. 145 members and 2506 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X