300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What other protection do you wear?

I know that (smartly) the vast, vast majority of officers wear body armor and carry gloves for searches and stuff, but I was wondering what else do some of you usually wear on the job, maybe that isn't issued? Does anyone wear a cup or anything in case of fights? How about knee pads under your pants for if you have to take someone down on the pavement?
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Before I left patrol, ballistic eye wear was getting to be standard for me.

I've done the knee pads thing, but I've since decided that I'd rather not get promoted.... wait, what was the question?
    Originally posted by kontemplerande
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Tinfoil hat to protect me from all the whack jobs out there.
      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

I'm surprised "condoms" wasn't post #2.

Comment

Ive tried the cup thing and could not get over the uncomfortable nature of them. I do wear some neoprene knee pads that have a foam lining around the from of the knee that I picked up from sports authority. They make it harder to knee someone in a fight because of the foam cushion but they have already saved my knees several times during fights.

Forgot to add Ive looked into the plastic models that blackhawk and several other venders make but they look retarded under the uniform like I have kankles.

Comment

knee pads for blowing the command staff

Comment

earplugs when people start yipping my ear on the way to jail.

edit to add: the one thing taht all of us wear that we often don't think of as protection are gloves. (not for warmth, other than gasing up the car in the winter)
              Last edited by mikeymedic; 04-13-2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

A big red S on my shirt

Oh, and a cape, I forgot to mention the cape.
                Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

I have kneepads in special pockets in my pants legs, 5.11 BDU type pants. They are thin but do provide some protection, which is great for someone like me who had previous knee injuries.

Also shatter resistant sunglasses. I wear a pair that I bought for motorcycling that will absorb decent rock hits and the like.
                  I miss you, Dave.
                  http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I would wear my invisibility cloak but I can't find it.
                    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
                      Tinfoil hat to protect me from all the whack jobs out there.
                      I wore a helmet lined with tin foil as well as ear protection. A Depends for night shift and goggles.

Wait!...................you mean at work or on dates?
                      "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                        Why? We are consummate professionals and wouldn't hijack a thread just for a laugh
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                          That's only because I just saw this thread
                          Those of us that are in this profession have much thicker skins than the average person. Your "insults" are not even a good pimple on the *** of what truly bothers us. -Iowa 1603

Comment

I wear one of those metal package protectors. They work pretty good.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
                              A big red S on my shirt

Oh, and a cape, I forgot to mention the cape.
                              I thought you guys changed your policy so motors couldn't wear capes while riding anymore???
                              Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
                              Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6374 users online. 362 members and 6012 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X