Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really sure what to do

Hi,

I was hoping I could get some kind of input here so that I can make a decision that doesn't make me look like a total paranoid idiot.
    So, it appears that someone likes me and that person keeps leaving notes and flowers on my vehicle when I am at work, but does not identify himself (or herself). The part that honestly freaks me out a little bit is that the notes kind of indicate that the individual I watching me, knows when I work, etc. It just does not feel right somehow. I also work quiet some afternoon and evening hours and leave work when it is dark. I tried parking the car in the areas where the cameras are, however that isn't always possible and it seems that whoever is leaving those notes is smart enough and figured that part out. I guess I am wondering if I should report this. I mean who calls the police for flowers on their car? Am I just being paranoid? It just has been going on for a while (maybe 2 months?) and like I said, it could be a customer from work (I manage a hotel) or someone close because the messages really indicate that the person knows a lot about my day. So, any suggestions? Am I just overreacting?

Thanks for any input.

Not in todays world, you need to give the locals a heads up about what's going on. Better safe than sorry.
    It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
    Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

This will work for sure--
      Make a note back that says "Do you like me?" with a check box beside the words "yes" and "no" (you can throw "maybe" in there too to mix it up a bit)
      Make sure it is passed in study hall as timing is crucial!

For real though, report it if you are feeling creeped out. Like the above post says, today's world is crazy and you never know.

Comment

+1 to the others.

Nothing wrong in reporting it and giving the locals a heads-up.

If it turns out to be an honest secret admirer and you hit it off, no harm no foul.

If not, at least it's documented.

Were it me, I'd have already found a way to leave a camcorder or other video recording device concealed in my vehicle to find out just what in the hell is going on.

-V

Comment

#1: post a pic of yourself
          #2: report it...just in case
          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Nice Crass I like where your head is at!

Comment

I believe I'd report it. Today's world is an often scary place. No, I don't you're paranoid at all, simply cautious. That makes sense.

Comment

Use caution. Can't be too careful these days. Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Reporting it couldn't hurt. To the local Police or better yet, to your employer since it's happening at the workplace. Park you car where a surveilance camera can view it. I would think most hotels have them. Ask whomever controls the DVRs to see who it is next time something's left.

Could be nothing. Could be some whacko you really don't want following you around.
                sigpic
                Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Is there any security where you work? Is it possible that this person works with you or in the same building as you?

Comment

Well, i really do appreciate the answers. I honestly just feel weird reporting something that might be a big ole "nothing" when the police probably has more important things to do.

Well, i informed the owner about it but he lives a good 3 hours away and basically said it is on me if i want to report it or not, and of course be careful etc. No boss to report to other than that, i am the GM...lol. And no security person. We do have cameras but sure enough they don't cover every area of the parking lot close enough. Most of the time the very visible spots are occupied with customer vehicles. I honestly don't think it is one of my employees. Most of everyone has worked with me for almost 2 years. They are actually concerned about this. With the replies that i got i do not feel so bad about reporting it anymore though. I think i will just go ahead and call it in. If the local police things i am paranoid then so be it i guess. Thank you again. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by justme13 View Post
                      The part that honestly freaks me out a little bit is that the notes kind of indicate that the individual I watching me, knows when I work, etc. It just does not feel right somehow.
                      That right there indicates you should report it, the rest is immaterial. People are better than they tend to think about identifying danger cues. You have a good idea when someone threatens you if they are serious or not, and you also have a good idea when something that should be innocuous is actually creepy and may indicate possible danger.
                      I miss you, Dave.
                      http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                        #1: post a pic of yourself
                        #2: report it...just in case
                        You owe me keyboard!
                        This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

....well, were still waiting
                          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Well,
                            so i went ahead and reported it, even though it felt a little silly. The local police has bee driving through our parking lot at work quiet a bit since then. No new notes yet, but it has only been two days. Hopefully this will have some kind of effect on the situation. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by justme13 View Post
                              Well,
                              so i went ahead and reported it, even though it felt a little silly. The local police has bee driving through our parking lot at work quiet a bit since then. No new notes yet, but it has only been two days. Hopefully this will have some kind of effect on the situation. Thanks again.
                              Glad to hear it! Hopefully the checks your local police are doing will keep him away.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5123 users online. 288 members and 4835 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X