300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court

On days you have to go to traffic court, do you find it cumbersome or a nice break in your day?

Court falls on my day off. Annoying!!!
    "I sometimes wish that people would put a little more emphasis upon the observance of the law than they do upon its enforcement."
    -Calvin Coolidge

"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they can't get it wrong." - Unk

Comment

Unless you are already on duty, I don't see how anyone finds court to be a nice break in their day. Most often it is an interruption of your nice day off or your sleep time.

Comment

Its not terrible. Couple hours of ot.
        For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

I'm in court all day, Monday through Friday. Of course, I'm the guy who keeps everyone from talking while the judge figures out what to say. When I go back to patrol in a couple months, traffic court will be a pain. Traffic court trials for my agency are Tuesdays at 1:30 PM, and occasionally on Thursdays at 1:30. My days off will be Sunday through Tuesday, so traffic court will be a major interruption in the middle of my last day off every weekend. As it is, I don't write tickets anyway, so it's a non-issue at this point.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Court during duty hours, was really never a problem. On off-days, that meant comp/OT. That compensated for the inconvenience.

Comment

It seems like most of my court days shift somehow to always land on my days off. I didn't mind the OT when it was just me and my Wife, but now that the little munchkin is running around and such, it's a very large pain to get her to day care and such. And half the time the Def. ends up pleading so I didn't need to be there anyway. *sigh* ah well....part of the job hehe.
              I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

So annoying, 95% of the time you show and they went to plead out once you get there. There is one county DA that refuses to take pleas unless they are done at least a day prior to the trial, so I give a big kudos to her for that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3520 users online. 183 members and 3337 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X