300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 'Ebb and Flow' of bad decision makers

I guess this question stems from the whole 'Full Moon' theory/rumor that I have heard in the past.

But my question is - Do you notice particular patterns in when people start to 'act up'?

I would guess that after 2AM (or when the bars close) some of the real 'winners' come out in abundance. Are there certain times of the year when certain activity picks up? (i.e. pre, during, and post 'Spring Break') or even the '1st of the month'.

Are there times of the year that you can basically set your watch and say (with much certainty) that you are going to be a little more busy than normal?

And back to the 'Full Moon' question - Seriously, is there any validity that 'Full moons make people do (more) stupid stuff because our bodies are xx% water, and the tides are affected by the moon' I can see the validity in this urban legend, but it still seems like a convenient excuse for some to act out.
    There are 3 sides to every story - Your lawyer, their lawyer, and forensics.

From experience, "yes" full moons do bring on some extracurricular activity. Obviously the DUIs occur the most during the overnight hours. Summer time is the busy time for LEOs. More people are out and about and the heat gets to a lot of people (especially when mixing it with drugs/alcohol/parties).
    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Full Moon question? It's a fact. All the loony tunes, mental midgets, and assorted low life's come out to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Mama View Post
        Are there times of the year that you can basically set your watch and say (with much certainty) that you are going to be a little more busy than normal?
        Summer. Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Especially Christmas. Oh yeah, and Mother's Day (and I'm not talking about the holiday we all celebrate.)

Originally posted by Joe Mama View Post
        And back to the 'Full Moon' question - Seriously, is there any validity that 'Full moons make people do (more) stupid stuff because our bodies are xx% water, and the tides are affected by the moon' I can see the validity in this urban legend, but it still seems like a convenient excuse for some to act out.
        I have no idea what causes it, but full moons cause all kinds of weirdness to float to the surface.
        Originally posted by kontemplerande
        Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Doesn't matter what stats are used, or how people want to justify what is going on..
          .35 yrs of public safety work in Law Enforcement, Corrections, and as an EMT/Paramedic.

The full moon really does make a difference.---------------I don't care who says differently.

Holidays are really rough in the prison system.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

The full moon is true, I have no idea why, but it is. When I worked a small resort town summer and spring break were always busy. Holidays when families that never see each other the rest of the year get together, start drinking, and remember WHY they only see each other once a year. After the bars close for the drunken foolishness. When it's hot for drunken foolishness. Last but not least the 15th and the 30th in the ghetto (welfare pay day).
            Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Definitely on full moons. I'm sure there is some scientific reason but to me I think it's just that light is more abundant. People can see to get around on foot a bit better in during full moon cycles and we end up taking out more trash than usual.....

Comment

There is a theory that the "Full Moon" idea has been around so long, people fell they have ""permission"" from society to act weird. It has become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
                "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4947 users online. 297 members and 4650 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X