300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would You Do?

I'm going to start off by caveating that I'm asking a theoretical question. Not that this will help, but.

Let's say you are in the middle of helping a very pregnant neighbor you think very highly of because not only is she a great person, but she's been carrying the water for all the neighbors with the HOA regarding things they're failing to do in the neighborhood, and you commit to acting on three things you've been promising you'd do on the very same day it seems everyone needs your help at once: including a member of your family and another close friend.

So in a rush to explain in an email to your wonderful neighbor (Ms. H) why you got distracted from completing the tasks for her in those agreed upon hours of that day, you type, "Sorry, XX, I've been on and off the phone all evening with a very close friend of mine that just got back from Iraq....a former FBI guy whose close partner and friend of 12 years has asked him to help end his life because of the excruciatingly painful cancer he says he can't take anymore."

Then after four days of not hearing back from your wonderful neighbor, despite having updated her on your call to the HOA she had asked you to make, and after asking a trusted manager at your bank to contact her (her request) to help her refinance a loan, you wonder why there's a deafining silence and realize to yourself, "Oh S***, her husband is a Secret Service guy and I may have just made a mess of things." You realize the odds are Ms. H probably told her husband about your email, and he ---being subject to polygraphs --- may have felt an obligation to have to call some authority about it, even though I didn't have the time to tell Ms. H that my friend from Iraq is not only a devout Catholic, but his friend's request has set off a terrible memory for my friend of what he had to do while in Vietnam, and is in quite a bit of emotional agony over his friend asking something he can't oblige, over the fact his friend is so sick and he can't help him, and over the agony he felt when he got back from Vietnam.

My question is whether you think a Secret Service agent would feel obliged to report what was put in your email, since you didn't make it clear your friend would not oblige his friend's request?

No

His knowledge is only tangential. He heard about it 3rd hand..................hardly his problem.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Write a book.

World_So_Cold

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
        No

His knowledge is only tangential. He heard about it 3rd hand..................hardly his problem.
        whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. thanks, Iowa. What a load off. whewwwwww

Comment

Originally posted by needguidance View Post
          Write a book.
          A book? I was more interested in the fact a good friend who is as upstanding as they come would have a visit from the FBI and have yet one more thing to add to his very deep emotional angst. Not to mention being p***** with me.

Comment

Theoretically, of course.
            Last edited by needguidance; 04-10-2011, 08:53 PM.

World_So_Cold

Comment

Originally posted by needguidance View Post
              Theoretically, of course.
              Iowa has provided the answer I needed to stop feeling panicked, and no need to speak theoretically anymore of course. Thanks again, Iowa, Sir~

Comment

I know you got your answer from Iowa.

I think you may be overthinking things.....put yourself in her shoes for a minute and think of all the reasons why something wasn't completed...then to hear..you were preoccupied with a good friend who just got back from the war...whose friend is now asking for assistance in ending his life because of the excruciating pains of cancer.

Gulp!

No HOA issues take the front seat over what she was just told. As for her husband, nothing he can do.

In regards to your friend...his plate is full... his flashbacks....not good. Thoughts and prayers sent.
                Last edited by deputy x 2; 04-10-2011, 09:06 PM.
                This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
                  I know you got your answer from Iowa.

I think you may be overthinking things.....put yourself in her shoes for a minute and think of all the reasons why something wasn't completed...then to hear..you were preoccupied with a good friend who just got back from the war...whose friend is now asking for assistance in ending his life because of the excruciating pains of cancer.

Gulp!

No HOA issues take the front seat over what she was just told. As for her husband, nothing he can do.

In regards to your friend...his plate is full... his flashbacks....not good. Thoughts and prayers sent.
                  Thanks for the feeback, deputy x2. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6369 users online. 384 members and 5985 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X