300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about warrants

So my friends ex bf has a warrant for his arrest and I was wondering how you guys deal this. Now the local PD know this kid as they have had to deal with him before. Im pretty sure they know where he lives or have probably seen him around. So why havent they arrested him yet? Do they have to wait for him to commit a crime to get him or if they see him on the streets can they grab him? Also can they go to his house or somebodys else house to get him? I have a degree in criminal justice and I am going to the police academy in august and I havent learned anything about warrants yet. Thanks for the help guys.

If he has a warrant for his arrest, he is arrestable pretty much anywhere while in public......depending on the 'level' of the warrant, he is arrestable ANYWHERE and everywhere.

Once he is IDed as having a warrant, he will be arrested on the spot.
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

LA, is it the same in PA as it is in Cali? I know we've hit on this topic before and I didn't know (prior to this forum) that warrant service elsewhere is different. Instance...we [NC] can hook him anywhere, in any home at any time of the day or night regardless of the severity of the warrant. I'm always confused by jurisdictions that are different, but I don't know how PA works it.
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
        LA, is it the same in PA as it is in Cali? I know we've hit on this topic before and I didn't know (prior to this forum) that warrant service elsewhere is different. Instance...we [NC] can hook him anywhere, in any home at any time of the day or night regardless of the severity of the warrant. I'm always confused by jurisdictions that are different, but I don't know how PA works it.
        Nope....I would imagine that it is different in PA as well!

It would be far too easy if we all had the same 'playbook' to follow, wouldnt it?
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Wouldn't it? LOL

However, o.com has proven educational to me on many topics...warrant service included.
          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by zoanemesis View Post
            So why havent they arrested him yet?
            Some of the local officers may remember dealing with him in the past, they may even see him around town. They wouldn't know he has a warrant until they run him for warrants or someone tells them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3475 users online. 176 members and 3299 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X