X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerohead
    replied
    Originally posted by mac266 View Post
    We only do it for opposite sex transports, but within the next few years we're expecting to transition to GPS-based dispatching. I would like to think the program would log the route the car drove so we wouldn't have to air it anymore.
    For clarification:

What is "GPS-based dispatching"? I know what GPS in the cars is - we have it. Is that just when you look on the map and pick the closest car based on GPS location and location of the incident?

Leave a comment:

• RaucousSilence
    replied
    Opposite sex and juveniles. It's a CYA thing.

Leave a comment:

• KapsFB
    replied
    Originally posted by SquareLife View Post
    "starting mileage 90, 237"
    I dunno. Maybe he's trying to say "This cruiser is freakin old man! Can I get a newer one?"

Leave a comment:

• mp1161
    replied
    I also work in MD and we do this for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• DARE_SUPPORTER
    replied
    Originally posted by just joe View Post
    We call mileage in for everybody.
    Same Here

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by mac266 View Post
    We only do it for opposite sex transports, but within the next few years we're expecting to transition to GPS-based dispatching. I would like to think the program would log the route the car drove so we wouldn't have to air it anymore.
    :HE's BAAAAAAAAAACK

Leave a comment:

• mac266
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mavriktu
    replied
    I am just curious,ride a longs are supposed to be a learning expierience,not entertainment,so,that being said,why didn't you ask your officer??

Thanks!
    Last edited by mavriktu; 04-18-2011, 01:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• knoxLEOhopeful
    replied
    Our cars have cameras in the rear compartment and one that faces forward. I am req'd. by policy to give beginning and ending mileage, but I record ALL transports.

Leave a comment:

• HI629
    replied
    Originally posted by mookster View Post
    I'm wondering how much longer we'll hafta be calling the starting and ending mileage out with the GPS in cars. My dept finally got GPS installed in all our units this year but still, we call everything out over da air. But I ain't gonna be the one that complains, there are some things just worth doing and not causing fuss over.
    Being that GPS can fail and at times does provide inaccurate info, I'd still call my mileage for "CYA" purposes.

Leave a comment:

• mookster
    replied
    I'm wondering how much longer we'll hafta be calling the starting and ending mileage out with the GPS in cars. My dept finally got GPS installed in all our units this year but still, we call everything out over da air. But I ain't gonna be the one that complains, there are some things just worth doing and not causing fuss over.

Leave a comment:

• Redders
    replied
    Originally posted by Dingo990 View Post
    These days I just record my entire transport.
    +1. Yup, yup.

Leave a comment:

• areardon892
    replied
    It is done primarily for transporting people of the opposite sex and for juveniles at my agency. I also turn the squad cam around backwards so when they start hitting their head off the partition they can't say I beat them because I have digital proof of how they got their injuries.

Leave a comment:

• Highwaylaw
    replied
    Pretty much anytime you transport someone in the car that is not a sworn or civilian member of the dept.

Might not be as critical these days with the GPS tracking systems that many depts. have, but old habits die hard....

Leave a comment:

• badge17
    replied
    Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
    But nowadays, who freaking knows?
    Exactly! All transports start out. "Dispatch en route to county with (# of subjects) trip reset 0"

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4967 users online. 265 members and 4702 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X