300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College towns & fake identification

I'm writing a research paper and interviewed a few local bouncers, but some questions he said would be better answered by a cop.

I looked at the online arrest lists, and it seems 1/2 of the students arrested for Underage Alcohol Possession (includes already consumed alcohol, in my state) were also arrested for possession of a fake id / government document.

My questions:
    1. How do you catch most students? In Virginia does anyone caught with alcohol get their wallet searched? (Or only those arrested, not just cited).

2. I'm really concerned that almost 50% of students caught with alcohol also have a fake id. In the past decade, do you think the number of students who have them is going up? How much harder are they becoming to spot?

3. An article involving a local bouncer had him quoted... saying that he never confiscates fake cards, he simply turns people away. Is this a business move, or is it illegal to confiscate them? It seems confiscation risks would be an effective deterrent but I'm obviously misinformed.

4. From the students you've talked to, why do so many of them feel it's worth the risk to have one? Getting caught can be multiple felonies, although the police logs show most get a misdemeanor for possession.

Thanks a lot! I've asked a few of these questions to others but hopefully your experience will really stand out.

PS. I saw a thread on here from someone who was caught, but this information wasn't really covered well.

The cynical side of me makes me wonder if you're gathering intel......

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
      The cynical side of me makes me wonder if you're gathering intel......
      nod...
      It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
      Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

If the transponder chip in your license doesn't match the transponder chip in your head, we get a signal on our computers that your license is probably fake. The satellite trackers and secret surveillance camera's on every street corner then lock on to your location and track you until we can catch up to you. Most fake ID cases are sent to Guantanamo Bay until we can verify you're not a terrorist about to implement your devious plan.
        Originally posted by kontemplerande
        Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Those questions are very specific to Virginia. I would strongly suggest you go to the Virginia sub forum. Also, the campus PD and local PD would be your best sources. Since 9/11 having altered/fraud. ID is taken much more seriously.................
          Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
            If the transponder chip in your license doesn't match the transponder chip in your head, we get a signal on our computers that your license is probably fake. The satellite trackers and secret surveillance camera's on every street corner then lock on to your location and track you until we can catch up to you. Most fake ID cases are sent to Guantanamo Bay until we can verify you're not a terrorist about to implement your devious plan.
            Love it

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
              Giggling like a schoolgirl!
              Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6379 users online. 354 members and 6025 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X