300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA systems

I know a couple volunteer firefighters that have old police pa systems in their trucks and use them for either the air horn or PA function(rarely used though). Are these legal to have as long as you don't use the siren? Thanks
    He once brought a knife to a gun fight, just to even the odds.

He once ran a marathon backwards, just to see what second place looked like.

Vollies (ricky redlights) get to me. Especially the ones who totally trick out their vehicle with all kinds of LED's and lights, and then brag about it all over town.

Comment

they're not allowed to have red lights in ny but some go all out with more lights than the local pd's squad cars.

Comment

I would suggest you research New York State Traffic Laws for your answer. Google should be your friend here. What you'd be looking for is equipment permitted on a POV for Volunteer Firefighters.

Comment

ok thanks. I tried the vehicle and traffic law but it was way to extensive but I'll give it another go. thanks again

Comment

Virginia treats the electronic airhorns the same as a regular horns or airhorns...blow them too much and you'll get wrote...

Comment

In NYS there is no provision allowing a volunteer firefighter to have any sort of sound amplification device in their personal vehicles.
              “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4411 users online. 266 members and 4145 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X