Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOE-JITSU
    replied
    That's great to hear Iowa! Stay safe out there and thank you for your advice and help sir!

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Congrats.....................

Kinda looks like I will be getting back in uniform just about the same time you are........got a PT Court Security gig in my little home county...................

Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• JOE-JITSU
    replied
    Got back from the P.D. and getting sworn in this Thursday the 30th and doing all my H.R. paperwork , qualifying with my Sig P220, D.T. drills, and learning how to use the PR-24! One of the best things is that this department's standard uniform is the 5.11 cargo pants and P.D.U. so many pockets.

Heading down the hill tomorrow morning to get all my duty gear and extra firearm accessories Good day.

Leave a comment:

• vincelli
    replied
    Gratz. Welcome to the club.

-V

Leave a comment:

• JOE-JITSU
    replied
    Chief just called me right now ! I am going in today for uniform and armor sizing! I can't believe it I am so grateful and blessed thank you all for your support and advice going to get ready right now and head down!

Leave a comment:

• JOE-JITSU
    replied
    ^^ Thank you Iowa it is good to know I have support through people I have never met physically but have been through the same process and knows what it takes to choose this career. I will update when I find out some new information.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by JOE-JITSU View Post
    Just got back from the medical and psyc everything went well and I should be hearing in a couple of days of the results and if all goes well getting sized for uniforms and armor soon then swearing in ! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

This type of post makes putting up with all the trolls worthwhile.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• JOE-JITSU
    replied
    Just got back from the medical and psyc everything went well and I should be hearing in a couple of days of the results and if all goes well getting sized for uniforms and armor soon then swearing in ! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Leave a comment:

• JOE-JITSU
    replied
    Ah I see very tricky lol Thanks again sir!

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Just spoke with my B.I. on the phone and he said the fact that the Chief gave me the medical and psyc appointment is considered their conditional and once that these are completed and reviewed then I will sign paperwork. Phew I thought I was in some trouble for a moment. Thank you Iowa for the response once I saw your comment I immediately called him.
    No problem

We don't have the newbie sign anything either...............but we send them a letter telling them to schedule a physical .....and that is considered a conditional offer.

Leave a comment:

• JOE-JITSU
    replied
    Just spoke with my B.I. on the phone and he said the fact that the Chief gave me the medical and psyc appointment is considered their conditional and once that these are completed and reviewed then I will sign paperwork. Phew I thought I was in some trouble for a moment. Thank you Iowa for the response once I saw your comment I immediately called him.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied

I have a question though I did not sign a conditional offer of employment yet is this normal because I usually hear of people signing then doing the medical and psyc ? Maybe this department does it different and waits until after the medical and psyc to sign paperwork?.
    Strange.................the conditional offer is usually needed in order to conduct a proper medial and psych..(There are some questions that need to be asked while an offer is on the table that can't be asked normally during a hiring process)

Thank you all again for the advice especially Iowa I was looking at myself in the mirror and trimming my finger nails all last night to make sure everything was nice and professional.

The Chief said starting date will most likely be at the end of this month if not the first week of July.
    Glad things went well.........................

Leave a comment:

• JOE-JITSU
    replied
    Bump......

Leave a comment:

• JOE-JITSU
    replied
    Just got back from the Chief's and he passed me along to my medical and psyc I have my psyc tomorrow at 1 P.M. then Friday I have my medical at 9:30 A.M.

Once that is passed I will be sized for uniforms next week and all my H.R. paperwork processed

I have a question though I did not sign a conditional offer of employment yet is this normal because I usually hear of people signing then doing the medical and psyc ? Maybe this department does it different and waits until after the medical and psyc to sign paperwork?

Thank you all again for the advice especially Iowa I was looking at myself in the mirror and trimming my finger nails all last night to make sure everything was nice and professional.

The Chief said starting date will most likely be at the end of this month if not the first week of July.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Good luck..........................remember

EYE CONTACT.

Don't waiver on your answers.....................if you screw up on an answer----own it and move on....Do NOT waffle.

Suit, clean fingernails, shined shoes etc............................. The Chief is the one you really want to impress since he makes the final decision.

And -------------relax. The chief also puts his/her pants on the same way you do. You will be expected to be nervous, you can be yourself here to a certain point. It is not all bad to show the boss you are human and have some flaws/humor.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5872 users online. 353 members and 5519 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X