Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The news updates are outstanding, Joe! Good for you...

I'm going to offer once more a suggestion that you need to pay a little more attention to correct use of the written word. Not wanting to beat you up, but you were offered a little hint back a few posts ago, about your use of the lower case "i" when referring to yourself... That clue didn't sink-in, so I'm going to be a little more direct with you, not to be hurtful or overbearing, but in an effort to maximize your chances at landing the job you have worked hard to obtain.

In short, when referring to yourself, the correct usage is "I" (note the capitalization), not "i" (lower case). It is a seemingly minor point, but will stick out badly in any written communication you will have in your career.

Rooting hard for you as you continue to work your way through the hiring process! It sounds as though everything is going great for you.

Keep up the news updates... we're all here on your side.
    Living the Dream... One Day at a Time!

Comment

Thank you sir that is a very good point to bring up. I need to make sure to pay attention to detail. I'll keep this updated on what happens next. Thank you for all your support dsmack.
      Last edited by JOE-JITSU; 05-06-2011, 10:01 PM.

Comment

I just got the call from the detective today in the morning and I have my final chiefs interview on June 15 ! Once I complete that I will sign my conditional offer and be on my way. The detective said if all goes well I will be starting at the ending of this month or first week of July. I am very excited and thank you for all the help here

Comment

Tomorrow is the big day...Chief's interview and if that goes well then I will sign my conditional right then. Wish me luck and thank you for the advice once again.

Comment

Good luck to ya! You'll ace this.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Smurfette
            Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
            Originally posted by DAL
            You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Best of luck!
              "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Good luck..........................remember

EYE CONTACT.

Don't waiver on your answers.....................if you screw up on an answer----own it and move on....Do NOT waffle.

Suit, clean fingernails, shined shoes etc............................. The Chief is the one you really want to impress since he makes the final decision.

And -------------relax. The chief also puts his/her pants on the same way you do. You will be expected to be nervous, you can be yourself here to a certain point. It is not all bad to show the boss you are human and have some flaws/humor.
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Just got back from the Chief's and he passed me along to my medical and psyc I have my psyc tomorrow at 1 P.M. then Friday I have my medical at 9:30 A.M.

Once that is passed I will be sized for uniforms next week and all my H.R. paperwork processed

I have a question though I did not sign a conditional offer of employment yet is this normal because I usually hear of people signing then doing the medical and psyc ? Maybe this department does it different and waits until after the medical and psyc to sign paperwork?

Thank you all again for the advice especially Iowa I was looking at myself in the mirror and trimming my finger nails all last night to make sure everything was nice and professional.

The Chief said starting date will most likely be at the end of this month if not the first week of July.

Comment

Bump......

Comment

Originally posted by JOE-JITSU View Post

I have a question though I did not sign a conditional offer of employment yet is this normal because I usually hear of people signing then doing the medical and psyc ? Maybe this department does it different and waits until after the medical and psyc to sign paperwork?.
                      Strange.................the conditional offer is usually needed in order to conduct a proper medial and psych..(There are some questions that need to be asked while an offer is on the table that can't be asked normally during a hiring process)

Thank you all again for the advice especially Iowa I was looking at myself in the mirror and trimming my finger nails all last night to make sure everything was nice and professional.

The Chief said starting date will most likely be at the end of this month if not the first week of July.
                      Glad things went well.........................
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Just spoke with my B.I. on the phone and he said the fact that the Chief gave me the medical and psyc appointment is considered their conditional and once that these are completed and reviewed then I will sign paperwork. Phew I thought I was in some trouble for a moment. Thank you Iowa for the response once I saw your comment I immediately called him.

Comment

Just spoke with my B.I. on the phone and he said the fact that the Chief gave me the medical and psyc appointment is considered their conditional and once that these are completed and reviewed then I will sign paperwork. Phew I thought I was in some trouble for a moment. Thank you Iowa for the response once I saw your comment I immediately called him.
                          No problem

We don't have the newbie sign anything either...............but we send them a letter telling them to schedule a physical .....and that is considered a conditional offer.

Comment

Ah I see very tricky lol Thanks again sir!

Comment

Just got back from the medical and psyc everything went well and I should be hearing in a couple of days of the results and if all goes well getting sized for uniforms and armor soon then swearing in ! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Comment

Just got back from the medical and psyc everything went well and I should be hearing in a couple of days of the results and if all goes well getting sized for uniforms and armor soon then swearing in ! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

This type of post makes putting up with all the trolls worthwhile.

Good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3007 users online. 199 members and 2808 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X