300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost there any advice?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, first of all i graduated as a Self Sponsored through San Bernardino Sheriff's Academy on March 10th of this year and i completed an autobiography, written, P.A.T., Oral Board Interview, and just turned in my background packet two days ago to the P.D.

My B.I. comes in sunday to review my packet and from what i hear some people say there is a background interview? Is this a one on one interview with my B.I. to go over any concerns he has with my background or is this just to bring in further paperwork such as official documents and awards?

Does anyone have any advice for me as far as further processing?

I appreciate all the advice i received from this website and am currently still in backgrounds for another P.D. Agency and if i pass my firearms qual with San Diego i will also go straight to backgrounds for them so it's an exciting feeling.

I just want to know what happens from the background point of view i know this agency is moving along pretty quickly with their Backgrounds which is nice seeing as this portion usually takes the longest.

Thank you in advance and i hope to join the thin blue line very soon.

-Joe

In all probability, your interview will be one on one with the Background Investigator. He/she may go over your PHS with you simply to determine whether or not it is complete and accurate. Obviously, I can't speak for the Agency (s) you've applied to, but a thorough background investigation can take anywhere from one to three months, sometimes longer. Why so much time you might ask. Even a BI who does backgrounds full time will have more than one applicant file to investigate. In addition to the people you have listed as references, it's very probable that the Investigator will speak to people you haven't listed. All of this takes time, so be prepared for some waiting. Good luck in your process.

Comment

I am going to pull a page out of L-1's manual

http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/bi.pdf

http://www.post.ca.gov/background-in...estigator.aspx

I believe that is the "Bible" for California Background Investigators
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thank you both i appreciate your responses!

Ill check out those links right now Iowa thanks!

Ill keep this updated on what happens , thanks again.

Comment

You just gotta love the young'uns. i hope your typing skills improve.
          Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

?

I am not sure what that means Adam. lol

Comment

Originally posted by JOE-JITSU View Post
              ?

I am not sure what that means Adam. lol
              Typing skills. Notice his "i" is lowercase and in italics. Now do you get it? lol

Comment

Oops yes now I get it lol

Comment

It's not as bad as some people on this forum!
                  Some peaple caynt spell; have no clew how to use punctiation: And caynt form a corect sentance. You wuld be suprized.

Comment

Oh I've seen it plenty of times on here, especially on this sub-section where people will come in and ramble about how they have 12 DUI's and would like to become a police officer lol.

Comment

If you develop the skill called attention-to-detail, you will go far in any field you choose. Good luck.

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

I just received the call today from my B.I. and he set up the interview for next Wednesday.

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Good Luck....
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5661 users online. 308 members and 5353 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X