300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Arrest a TSA Agent?

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site but browse it on occasion to get LE perspective on some things. I'm not a cop and don't want to be one. I have interest in the law and its application, especially regarding civil liberties which leads me to my question.

Lately a couple of high profile personality have raised a stink about the TSA "enhanced" pat downs and such. Penn Jillette, of Penn and Teller fame called the cops on a TSA agent. It's a good read. http://www.pennandteller.com/03/cool...ederalvip.html

And Jesse Ventura has filed a lawsuit against the TSA for 4th Amendment rights violations. http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-25/t...t?_s=PM:TRAVEL

So My question is, if I go through one of these "enhanced" pat downs and the agent touches my genitals and I specifically tell them not to, and I call the police to report a sexual assault and you were dispatched to the call at the airport, would you arrest the TSA agent on sexual assault charges?

If I just started feeling up someones leg all the way up to their crotch in the line at Starbucks, I'd get new bracelets. There are no exceptions written into any laws that provide protection for TSA agents groping people.

So what would you do? Arrest or no? Why or why not? What else might you do?

This is not intended to be a debate about the TSA's practices, only what YOU personally would do if you were dispatched to this call.

Originally posted by Grimalkin View Post
    If I just started feeling up someones leg all the way up to their crotch in the line at Starbucks, I'd get new bracelets. There are no exceptions written into any laws that provide protection for TSA agents groping people.
    You're clearly broadcasting an agenda here no?

Me personally. If you called me there whining about being groped at the airport, I would take the report and suggest you pursue the matter further with the on duty Magistrate in an attempt to obtain a criminal warrant. Good luck with that one.

And I'd tell you to have a nice bus ride to wherever you were heading.
    sigpic
    Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site but browse it on occasion to get LE perspective on some things. I'm not a cop and don't want to be one. I have interest in the law and its application, especially regarding civil liberties which leads me to my question.

Lately a couple of high profile personality have raised a stink about the TSA "enhanced" pat downs and such. Penn Jillette, of Penn and Teller fame called the cops on a TSA agent. It's a good read. http://www.pennandteller.com/03/cool...ederalvip.html

And Jesse Ventura has filed a lawsuit against the TSA for 4th Amendment rights violations. http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-25/t...t?_s=PM:TRAVEL

So My question is, if I go through one of these "enhanced" pat downs and the agent touches my genitals and I specifically tell them not to, and I call the police to report a sexual assault and you were dispatched to the call at the airport, would you arrest the TSA agent on sexual assault charges?

This is not intended to be a debate about the TSA's practices, only what YOU personally would do if you were dispatched to this call.
      You can call it whatever you want and feel about it however you want but the short answer is they aren't groping you and there was no sexual assault

Comment

TSA has agents now....who knew
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

No I would not arrest. It's called a pat down and it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
            You're clearly broadcasting an agenda here no?

Me personally. If you called me there whining about being groped at the airport, I would take the report and suggest you pursue the matter further with the on duty Magistrate in an attempt to obtain a criminal warrant. Good luck with that one.

And I'd tell you to have a nice bus ride to wherever you were heading.
            x2------
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thank you for you honest response. I am not trying to push an agenda. It's obvious where I stand on the issue, I didn't try to hide it. I don't like it, but that's not what I'm asking. I'm only asking what YOU personally would do if you got the call. I do appreciate your reply.

Comment

Sexual assault is a 'specific intent' crime in most areas......and this doesn't cover it.

If you demanded a private persons arrest for the incident, I would advise that it was not a crime....if you continued to push the agenda, then I would let you sign the cite and the booking paperwork; the TSA screener would not be arrested or booked; I would write a complaint report detailing all of the above.

The TSA screener would then be free to get a copy of that report, and then sue you in civil court for various offenses.
                Last edited by LA DEP; 04-01-2011, 04:55 PM.
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Nope wouldn't make the arrest and since people going through the line are aware of what is expected, you're bordering on false report of a crime.....at the very least reporting a 'sexual assault' is wasting everyone's time. Don't like it, don't fly.
                  Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

The TSA agent would not be the one going to jail. You have a better than 50% chance yourself though.
                    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
                      The TSA agent would not be the one going to jail. You have a better than 50% chance yourself though.
                      What crime would you charge me with?

Again, I appreciate the honest replies.

Comment

I don't think our dispatchers would send us to that.

The only way a sexual assault would occur is if the agent took you into the bathroom and forced something in your mouth, anus, or whatever else you have. Simple assault at most.

But no, there isn't a prosecutor that's going to accept a charge on that......

Comment

It's called implied consent. By purchasing the ticket, and standing in line, you agree to get screened and searched. It's there on several signs while you are in line and usually on your ticket. If you don't want to be touched/patted down/etc don't fly. It's that simple. And I would be rather upset with you wasting my time 8)
                          I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

I'd arrest you for filing a false police report.

Comment

Thank you for you honest response. I am not trying to push an agenda. It's obvious where I stand on the issue, I didn't try to hide it. I don't like it, but that's not what I'm asking. I'm only asking what YOU personally would do if you got the call. I do appreciate your reply.
                              No arrest is justified.........period. Push your agenda at an airport, and after you post bond, try Amtrak or Greyhound.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7057 users online. 360 members and 6697 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X