300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical here's my past do I have a chance

When I was 15-19, now 31, I tried cocaine, used marijuana (convicted of misd. poss.), tried LSD, tried mushrooms, had several speeding tickets, and was caught shop-lifting at 14. Need I try? Since I have been an upstanding citizen and have a family, good credit and job history. Not looking for the usual bashing, as I know most of you think I a waste of space because I had a troubled past, just a yes or no. I live in MD and have several agencies to choose from.

no......................
    This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

I think hallucinogens are a DQ just about everywhere.

Comment

no bashing? well thats no fun. I believe coke is an auto DQ. and so is LSD. and so is shrooms.

So my answer is...NO. Just curious. why you wanna be da POleece? need a job? times is hard or what?

BTW....you dont have 'several agencies to choose from'. you dont pick them, they pick you.
        Originally posted by crass cop
        Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Yes. Please try. No bashing here, only hugs and encouragement.

Comment

I want to be "da POleece" because I am tired of the same old job. I actually am a well paid computer programmer who makes more money now than I would as a police officer. I have always enjoyed a good rush and have recently had a few friends make it into the pd and tell me how great it is.

Sorry, I have several agencies to APPLY to, and most likely get denied. Nonetheless I regret not going into the military and think that this would be a great alternative and opportunity to make a difference.

Comment

Nope, try something else.

Comment

I was afraid that the hallucinogens were an auto DQ but was hoping the time between would help. I am aware and understand that my actions have a direct influence on my future.

Comment

Originally posted by jamilla View Post
                  , I tried cocaine, used marijuana (convicted of misd. poss.), tried LSD, tried mushrooms
                  No way..... LSD/Shrooms are Auto DQ in most places.....same with Coke. Toss all that in.....no way in hell......

Comment

Well thanks for confirming what I thought already to be true.

Keep up the good work out there as I truly admire you guys and wish I was in your position.

Comment

... I live in MD and have several agencies to choose from.

Since you have the luxury of CHOOSING from several agencies, what do these agencies indicate on their applications as disqualifiing past transgressions? Have you looked/asked a recruiter?

I think you are a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by CarFan View Post
                        Since you have the luxury of CHOOSING from several agencies, what do these agencies indicate on their applications as disqualifiing past transgressions? Have you looked/asked a recruiter?

I think you are a troll.
                        I think I restated my comment as having several to APPLY to. I think your comment is unsolicited and unnecessary. I happy that you have a perfect past and were able to get in. Nonetheless you are righteous and I am a "troll"

Comment

... I think your comment is unsolicited and unnecessary...
                          Uhh, you came on to a "ask a cop" forum and asked a question. Explain how my response is unsolicited first.

Comment

I think you are a troll.
                            Coming from a guy with 24 posts.

Take it easy brother. He asked a simple question. He got his answers already. All you're doing is beating the horse.

Comment

One of the biggest issues is potential flashbacks from hallucinogens. Most departments are afraid that one day while out on patrol you might do something like this:

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4040 users online. 223 members and 3817 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X