Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Able to articulate self-defense in this situation?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Able to articulate self-defense in this situation?

I'd be surprised if anyone touched this question but curiosity has the best of me.

Hypothetical scenario:

Suppose you had a neighbor who is a known violent ex-felon with a history including raping a child under the age of 5, has broken into homes in your neighborhood, stolen items, and threatened the lives of several people in the community. Then suppose that person is known to become very combative and violent when confronted by anyone for anything...

If you purposely put that person in a situation where they would become combative and very likely attack could you then get away with a self-defense justification for shooting them? Or would it be an uphill battle because of entrapment?
    He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
    shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
    - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

This has "fail" written all over it.

Call the police. Don't bait someone in to a gun fight. You will lose no matter what.
    This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

It is not entrapment, it would be murder. A strong possibility that you would spend a long time in jail or a fortune to stay out of jail for some low life.
      Ut humiliter opinor

Comment

Now I have a stupid question for you.

What if he brings a knife to your gun fight, and is standing 3 feet away?

Better yet what if he brings a gun to your gun fight, his works yours doesn't?

Do you see how reckless this thought process of yours could be?

edit: I'm calling BS on your "hypothetical scenario"...
        Last edited by ummone; 03-31-2011, 11:11 PM.
        This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

Comment

Originally posted by ummone View Post
          Now I have a stupid question for you.

What if he brings a knife to your gun fight, and is standing 3 feet away?

Better yet what if he brings a gun to your gun fight, his works yours doesn't?

Do you see how reckless this thought process of your could be?

edit: I'm calling BS on your "hypothetical scenario"...
          The hypothetical part was putting yourself and that other person in that situation. The criminal background I wrote pretty much describes a neighbor of someone I know in another state. That part wasn't hypothetical at all.

And yes I understand that the other guy could easily come out on top. I'm not actually looking for advise on how to get away with murder just curious if one could use self-defense in that situation or if it would be premeditated murder.

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

Originally posted by ddurkof View Post
            It is not entrapment, it would be murder. A strong possibility that you would spend a long time in jail or a fortune to stay out of jail for some low life.
            I see.

And in hindsight I should have asked if it would be considered premeditated murder (or attempted murder) instead of entrapment.

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

Originally posted by bsd13 View Post
              I'd be surprised if anyone touched this question but curiosity has the best of me.

Hypothetical scenario:

Suppose you had a neighbor who is a known violent ex-felon with a history including raping a child under the age of 5, has broken into homes in your neighborhood, stolen items, and threatened the lives of several people in the community. Then suppose that person is known to become very combative and violent when confronted by anyone for anything...

If you purposely put that person in a situation where they would become combative and very likely attack could you then get away with a self-defense justification for shooting them?...

No.

Comment

It would not be self defense.

Comment

removed for investigative purposes.
                  Last edited by rookie904; 04-02-2011, 12:07 AM. Reason: scared

Comment

This thread can go round and round all night. What you really should do is hire a really good attorney. Keep that attorney on retainer and make sure that the attorney will have means to bail you out when you get charged with a capital offense. Once you've got that out of the way, ask all of the "hypothetical" questions you want of the attorney, as he/she will be able to advise you as to the numerous criminal statutes you are contemplating on violating.

Also, another piece of advice would be to go buy stock in a company that manufactures powdered soap, as you'll be using a lot of it while you're locked up for the rest of your life.
                    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by rookie904 View Post
                      all in how you word it.
                      Until a detective looks at your internet history and finds this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by ummone View Post
                        Until a detective looks at your internet history and finds this thread!
                        HA! Now that was funny.

Comment

wasn't this a Jennifer Lopez movie?

M-11
                          “All men dream...... But not equally..
                          Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                          but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                          for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Bingo!!!

Or a homework question...
                            It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
                            Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Your hypothetical friend should move......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3136 users online. 173 members and 2963 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X