300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pursuit Policy

Does anyone know what the pursuit policy is in the state of Rhode Island? any info is greatly appreciated thanks

Originally posted by thepizzle44 View Post
    Does anyone know what the pursuit policy is in the state of Rhode Island? any info is greatly appreciated thanks
    Exactly what kind of heist are you planning? This kind of information isn't generally available to the general public.
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
      Exactly what kind of heist are you planning? This kind of information isn't generally available to the general public.
      lol

Comment

Pursuit policies vary from state to state, and from agency to agency within a given state. In your place I don't believe I'd be too disappointed if I didn't receive a whole lot of information past that. No offense to you personally, but as I noted these policies do vary widely, and we as a forum, are a little reluctant to discuss some policies and tactics.

Comment

They can only pursue you if they are wearing their hat. If for some reason their hat falls if during the pursuit, they have to kill themselves immediately.

Drive carefully and pray the cop isn't wearing his/her hat when you flee!

Comment

All I can speak for is my area. We run you till the wheels come off. You'd do best to assume this is policy for all departments and not break the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
              They can only pursue you if they are wearing their hat. If for some reason their hat falls if during the pursuit, they have to kill themselves immediately.

Drive carefully and pray the cop isn't wearing his/her hat when you flee!

^^^True for fact^^^

If the pursuing Police Officer is wearing a tight fitting ball cap you are screwed.

Comment

POLICIES and PROCEDURES are NOT discussed in open forums!
                Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                  POLICIES and PROCEDURES are NOT discussed in open forums!
                  He's right. I should not have told you the above information. However, what's done is done and there is no changing it now. I can only hope a MOD will delete my previous post and ban me for life.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                    He's right. I should not have told you the above information. However, what's done is done and there is no changing it now. I can only hope a MOD will delete my previous post and ban me for life.
                    And don't forget, it will go down in your PERMANENT RECORD!.................................YOUR PERMANENT RECORD!!!!!!
                    "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper View Post
                      And don't forget, it will go down in your PERMANENT RECORD!.................................YOUR PERMANENT RECORD!!!!!!
                      Will that effect my application process into any other PD's?

Comment

Although pursuit policies vary, I know the following is true from a buddy of mine who works in Rhode Island. Once their lightbar is activated, they can only follow you for 2 miles. If you make 3 right turns, they have to IMMEDIATELY terminate the pursuit. If you display your hazards, they will think you are having car problems and leave. Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio5-0 View Post
                          Although pursuit policies vary, I know the following is true from a buddy of mine who works in Rhode Island. Once their lightbar is activated, they can only follow you for 2 miles. If you make 3 right turns, they have to IMMEDIATELY terminate the pursuit. If you display your hazards, they will think you are having car problems and leave. Hope this helps!
                          This is only somewhat true. They recently hired a reformed terrorist who has planted and maintains IED's throughout the state. NOw when the pursuit hits the above mark they just have Amhed hit the switch and blow up the offending vehicle and occupants.
                          Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

sorry I didnt get back to you guys until today, the reason why i asked about the policy is because i had a meeting with a local lieutenant who gave me a list of possible questions they might ask me on some oral boards. I had no such luck finding anything online so i figured this would be the appropriate place to find the information. thank you guys for the information that was given.

Comment

sorry I didnt get back to you guys until today, the reason why i asked about the policy is because i had a meeting with a local lieutenant who gave me a list of possible questions they might ask me on some oral boards. I had no such luck finding anything online so i figured this would be the appropriate place to find the information. thank you guys for the information that was given.
                              Oral boards are meant to see what YOU would do in situations, not what people told you on a forum. No one helped me with mine, I answered my questions using my problem solving skills and reasoning. We aren't here to help you (or at least I am not) with our experiences. Do it yourself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5573 users online. 316 members and 5257 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X