300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calea

During my internship at a local pd, my primary responsibility was to modify, edit and help improve CALEA general orders under the direction of my supervisor. I would hate to lose those skills while I wait and test at different departments. Any suggestions as to how I can maintain those skills or continue working on CALEA related projects? Are any of you accreditation managers for your department? Might I be the only one that thinks accreditation is interesting? haha jk

It's easy, just find the most gullible dept. in your area, and you're in! Just rinse, wash, repeat until you've ran out of agencies to fleece. You may have to move to a different state after that to maintain your skills.

Comment

Originally posted by 92FS View Post
      Might I be the only one that thinks accreditation is interesting? haha jk
      My God son! This is serious. Seek help now!!!!!
      sigpic
      Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
      And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Wow. Calea is ridiculous. Most cops dislike it. Forget everything you learned.
        For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

I can think of far more critical skills you should maintain than CALEA General Orders, or for that matter CALEA in general. Obviously, I'm no fan of CALEA, although many administrators think it's manna from Heaven. If CALEA meant increased salaries, benefits, equipment, better working conditions etc, I'd be all for it. Fortunately, my agency wasn't taken in by CALEA, and never was a party to it. O T H, if you think accreditation/CALEA are positives, do your best to maintain interest in them. I'm certain some colleagues may have views more favorable to CALEA than mine, but quite a few of us aren't really too enthusiastic about it.

Comment

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
            My God son! This is serious. Seek help now!!!!!
            ^^^^This.

Everything you need to know about CALEA can be summed up by the original post. Any department that allows its general orders to be written by an intern is already going down the pipe fast.
            Originally posted by kontemplerande
            Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Run away from CALEA... fast :P

Comment

CALEA is a sham, created to make money from departments who foolishly think it means something to anyone. It means nothing to the citizens, who couldn't even tell you what CALEA means.

Your department receives no benefit from it, but will be more than happy to waste time, resources, and money on attaining the perceived prestige from it.

Not to mention it will dedicate an officer, typically the rank of Sgt. or above, making an obscene amount of money, who hasn't been on the road since the mid 90's, to oversee it. He'll pump out policies so full of problems that they'll have to be redone 6 or 8 times before they're even passable to be distributed to the officers, who will then voice their issues with the policy, requiring another 3-4 rewrites.

At the end of the process, you'll get an ugly sticker to put on your car and website. Totally worth it huh?
                Originally posted by K40
                To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by 92FS View Post
                  During my internship at a local pd, my primary responsibility was to modify, edit and help improve CALEA general orders under the direction of my supervisor. I would hate to lose those skills while I wait and test at different departments. Any suggestions as to how I can maintain those skills or continue working on CALEA related projects? Are any of you accreditation managers for your department? Might I be the only one that thinks accreditation is interesting? haha jk
                  Sounds like a future chief to me................................

Police has CALEA

Corrections has ACA

BOTH are a waste of trees.

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post

Any department that allows its general orders to be written by an intern is already going down the pipe fast.
                  +100000000000
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Read this propaganda. Some higher up pushed the top brass for this.............rediculous!

CHP Is CALEA Compliant
                    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

For a Correctional Facility to become American Correctional Association Accredited

You start with a $10,000 payment to ACC-----That is every institution ....not the agency.
                      THEN hire a supervisor to become the Accreditation manager ----at a Captain's paygrade
                      Last edited by Iowa #1603; 03-31-2011, 06:41 PM.
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                        Read this propaganda. Some higher up pushed the top brass for this.............rediculous!

CHP Is CALEA Compliant
                        It makes no sense at all for a California agency to whore up with CALEA. POST has stringent standards, and isn't CHP a POST-certified agency? Actually, CALEA is useless for any agency anywhere. If a chief is concerned that his policies need review, he can send copies of the manual out to some of his peers at other agencies and get their suggestions.
                        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                          If a chief is concerned that his policies need review, he can send copies of the manual out to some of his peers at other agencies and get their suggestions.
                          Actually, one can join the International Association of Chiefs of Police and get free policy/procedure help from them.....including stuff already done in Word format. All you have to do is add/delete as needed.....and change names.

So easy, that even a Bearcat did it for one of his part-time agencies....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                            Actually, one can join the International Association of Chiefs of Police and get free policy/procedure help from them.....including stuff already done in Word format. All you have to do is add/delete as needed.....and change names.
                            Or call an agency with policies you like and they will be more than happy to email them to you.

OR

Just rip them off websites :P

I believe my hometown (around 50,000 people) spent hundreds of thousands making CALEA happy so they can could get certified. I hate to see what CHP spent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post

So easy, that even a Bearcat did it for one of his part-time agencies....
                              Wisconsin even has a model policy section on WILENET (our law enforcement information sharing website) that has a model policy on just about everything under the sun. You could have a policy manual completely written in a weekend with time left for beer and BBQ.
                              Originally posted by kontemplerande
                              Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5643 users online. 311 members and 5332 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X