Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do specific cars/colors attract your attention more than others?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ddurkof
    replied
    Physiologically, the visual cortex in the brain is more sensitive to movement than color. Admittedly some colors are higher profile in the human mind but what will stick out is movement or more likely movement that is different. In other words a car traveling at 90 mph in a group of cars doing 65 mph is going to get more attention than than the herd of cars at 65. Rapidly changing lanes with a jerky movement is also going to gain attention. Single vehicles traveling at a high rate of speed attract more attention. Colors are going to be secondary identifiers with some more visible than others depending on lighting and weather conditions.

So a theory of "Red cars get more tickets," in my experience would be false.

Leave a comment:

• Zeitgeist
    replied
    Never have understood the theory that red vehicles somehow attract LEO attention......
    It's more what the car does than what type it is.

Leave a comment:

• mdrdep
    replied
    If you pimp out your POS, we''ll probably meet up

Leave a comment:

• School Cop
    replied
    The worst offenders? The Smart For Two - used for most drive-bys around here.

Seriously, though, I notice old cars in good condition, 'cause they're neat.

For LE purposes:
    - very dirty cars (of course my POV fits that description most of the time)
    - older/cheaper cars with new/expensive components
    - cars with old, beat up plates
    - personalized plates
    - any car in front of me at a red light that I can run before the light changes

Leave a comment:

• LAChief
    replied
    PT Cruisers,any make, any color....I will go out of my way to look for a reason to pull these over.

Leave a comment:

• zhakkar
    replied
    No, but the ones driving fast one do.

Leave a comment:

• rookie904
    replied
    I look harder at tricked out cars that grab your attention more. Tinted, rims, low profile tires etc. Also seats laid back so far you can barely see the driver, theres usually a reason I find to check on them.

Leave a comment:

• CruiserClass
    replied
    Certain cars catch my attention more, but not for enforcement action. Azteks, because I can't believe anyone who can pass the eye test to drive can pick such an ugly car, for example. I like to ride, so I usually check out any bikes. Colors don't matter unless its some really off the wall color that nature never intended.

I polled my own tickets for an 8 month period one time over a discussion if SUVs made people drive like tools, and counted how many cars, trucks, SUVs, and vans I cited. Also looked at color. Silver was the most written, which stands to reason since BMV stats also say gray/silver is the most common color currently on the road. There wasn't much difference between the colors and car types, although oddly enough vans seemed to be high compared to the numbers of them on the road. Not sure if was statistically significant, though.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
    Camaro is a troll with a pronounced anti LE bias. He will deny that, but the content and tone of his posts say the opposite. He has claimed to have been profiled. According to him I have "marginalized" him, whatever the hell that means. He chooses to be a victim, and therefore is one.He seems to be having some difficulty in wrapping his arms around the fact that once a person is identified as a troll, he remains one. This particular troll has done nothing to mitigate his status as a troll, but really has enhanced it. Once more Troll Camaro, disappear for a while, a good long while. Try ditching the self pity, grow up, and get a life.
    And also the Original Poster of what has to be the fastest thread to get slam dunked by a moderator in O.com history......1 hr & 15 minutes
    http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...Troll-speaketh...

Leave a comment:

• mtxpro752
    replied
    The lime green 98 Buick on 24"s gets my attention. A new red mustang GT that looks factory, not any more than any other car.

Leave a comment:

• BigW
    replied
    If you stop feeding the stray dog it will eventually go away...........

Leave a comment:

• Ohio5-0
    replied
    Originally posted by Camaro View Post
    Mr. Ohio, I'm going to be civil regardless of what is said to me, or about me.
    That's fine, but it still doesn't erase your Troll status.

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    Yeah, it seems to be the old tale that "red cars get stopped more" or something to that affect, however that is BS....driving like a tard gets you stopped more as well as having other violations........unless only tards have the red cars...HMMMMMMMM

OH, I havent been keeping up with the latest beef between you and ....well, O.com so just in case youre a troll trollilng for "bad cop" answers I will say, "any car with a minority a drivin' it will get stopped, frisked, violated beat and then ticketed, MKAY!" If youre not, then refer to 1st paragraph.

regards

Leave a comment:

• Camaro
    replied
    Originally posted by Ohio5-0 View Post
    Judging by your posts here lately I assume you are just waiting for a comment you dislike, or for someone to disagree with you so you can argue. You should probably take Iowa's advice and chill on the questions for a while. You aren't really in very good standing here. At least this time you asked a question.
    Mr. Ohio, I'm going to be civil regardless of what is said to me, or about me.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Camaro is a troll with a pronounced anti LE bias. He will deny that, but the content and tone of his posts say the opposite. He has claimed to have been profiled. According to him I have "marginalized" him, whatever the hell that means. He chooses to be a victim, and therefore is one.He seems to be having some difficulty in wrapping his arms around the fact that once a person is identified as a troll, he remains one. This particular troll has done nothing to mitigate his status as a troll, but really has enhanced it. Once more Troll Camaro, disappear for a while, a good long while. Try ditching the self pity, grow up, and get a life.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3991 users online. 278 members and 3713 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X