300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does LEO CCW apply to Spouse?

I was just wondering. When I become a LEO (fingers crossed) would my ability as a LEO to carry concealed carry over to my wife? If not, in some of the states where it is nearly impossible to get a CCW permit (like Md. my home state) would they give more consideration to someone married to a Police Officer? Thanks for the answers.

Originally posted by Hokie13 View Post
    I was just wondering. When I become a LEO (fingers crossed) would my ability as a LEO to carry concealed carry over to my wife? If not, in some of the states where it is nearly impossible to get a CCW permit (like Md. my home state) would they give more consideration to someone married to a Police Officer? Thanks for the answers.
    No. (To all)

Comment

No it would not apply to your wife. She would still have to obtain a CCW through whatever means your state has to go through. The LEO CCW is for commissioned or retired LEO's only.

Comment

This is both scary and sad. I'm not going to explain that, I think most of you will figure it out. I showed this post to my neice (senior in HS) and she figured it out.

Anyway to the OP...

If your wife wants to carry concealed in MD. have her take the test for police officer, pass (like you did), get sworn and pass the academy. Then both of you can carry concealed all you like.
        Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

I just told my co-worker the OP's question and he is still laughing.

Comment

Yes, and as soon as you're sworn in, your wife will also get to make arrests and drive around real fast with lights and sirens.

Comment

I miss you, Dave.
              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Seriously?????? Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

And he want's to be a LEO??? Oh this is going to be entertaining!
                This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Yes, it will help her get her carry permits in EVERY STATE. She'll also be allowed to carry hollow points in New Jersey!

Lol.
                  Brad

Comment

No. In Alabama, the spouse of an LEO would be required to obtain a Pistol License from the Sheriff in the same manner as any private citizen.

Comment

Not in CA.
                      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Not in SC either, however, there is a bill in the capital right now to allow ANY law-abiding citizen to carry a pistol with no requirements as to training, etc.

Soooooo, move to SC?

Comment

No only that, but it is hereditary, so your kids could carry, too.
                          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow, is this a serious question?

Your profile says you are a college student and already passed several steps with multiple PD's

You seriously think something that would be a felony is a courtesy extended to every cop's wife?
                            Why would your wife need to carry a gun because YOU are a cop?

Of course, every Police Officer has the authority to deputize up to 5 people every year. If you swear her in then she could carry.

Comment

Yes in New Mexico. It's called the Equal Protection Act.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4683 users online. 279 members and 4404 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X