300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

I need some advice. In Sept. of 1998 I was a police officer. I resigned my position as a police officer in June of 1999. I resigned do to events that occurred during my probationary period as an officer. On my first day with my FTO I was involved in a justified shooting. Through the course of my probationary period my FTO was changed 5 times. I still want to be an officer especially a state trooper. Do you think I have a shot at getting hired, with the circumstances I have described above? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Rob, welcome to the forum!

It is unfortunate that shi* happens, but it does. With what you have posted here, there is no way of telling if you have a shot at this or not. If you don

Comment

A friend of mine was involved in a shooting in which the suspect was killed. My friend is now a State Trooper. He had no problems getting hired on somewhere else. If what you are saying is the only thing that happened and nothing in question, you should be ok.

Comment

First of all, remember anything you read here is just our personal opinions. You are going to have to go straight to the source and that is the agency you want to work for. The thing that concerns me is you said you resigned. Why? Because of the shooting, the FTO situation, or something you didn't tell us? If it was because of the shooting you are going to meet some challenges trying to get hired again and you will have to justify your decisions without coming off defensive. The FTO thing I'm not sure I got your point. I had 9 FTOs here plus a couple of fill ins? You don't say what state you are from, but with most, your state agency is one of the hardest to get into. (Exception being Nevada where if you can breath you can have a job) Just my personal opinion, find you a smaller to medium size department to get back into to get your feet wet again and prove yourself then make the move to where you want to be.

Comment

As already mentioned your FTOs can and will change. No department I know of will you have the same FTO during Field Training. My department flip flops new officers between different shifts so you get a taste of different calls and different situations. Another reason is every FTO is different. They will all teach you according to department policy but they may emphasize different things. Now as an FTO I am told to turn on the pressure for new recruits to see if they can handle it. I am not here to cheer and congratulate you every time you do something right. I am here to make a good cop out of you. One that I would trust my life with. You may think I dont like you, you may think I even hate you, but thats not the case. I will let you know when you do something well and let you know when improvements can be made. I am here to make sure you go home safe tonight and every night.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12377 users online. 466 members and 11911 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X