Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    +1
    In a medical emergency, I promise, paramedics and firefighters will get in.
    I have no doubt about that as they're trained to do so but I really hate to cause them all that trauma and chaos when I can fairly easily see to it that I'm responsible enough about my illness and situation to have an emergency situation covered! Kind of like knowing all your exits and what to do should your smoke alarms' shrieking awaken you at 3:30 a.m.! LE and the EMTs will have enough on their hands to do without my causing more problems due to pure ignorance and lack of caring about what others have to do to "help" me get to the ER!

My depending 100% on them coming to my aid in just minutes deserves that much effort on my part also! (There's also a little bit of selfishness on my part in this deal as I want to live,not die and the time it takes to break down 3 doors could make that difference and it'd only be my fault if it happened!)
    I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Trauma? No fireman is going to have trauma because they had to break a door down. It'll be out of their mind by the time they get back to the station.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

^^^

Legalized vandalism!

Ever see them peel open a roof with that hook?

If it makes you feel better Wyofirebirdbaby.....they will fix the door...all you have to do is put in a claim.
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Yea, nobody is gonna be traumatized because that had to break down your door. More likely they will think it was fun. When I was in door breaching class, it was a ball.
          West Chester University B.S. Criminal Justice: May 2009
          Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009
          Full time Patrolman in Chester County, PA.

Comment

Could always have it tattooed on your forehead...
            It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
            Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by wyofirebirdbaby View Post
              ...one of them is latex gloves and it's a severe reaction when contact is made and that's on the back of the bracelet but if bracelet isn't seen the gloves have already made contact with my skin....
              Around here, no one has latex gloves anymore. Actually, I haven't seen a latex glove out in the field in several years. Nitrile is the rule of the road, and has been for several years. The only latex gloves I've seen in that time are sterile ones in the ER and at training classes.
              The academy teaches you skills, the street gives you experience, but it all comes down to your instinct.

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                Trauma? No fireman is going to have trauma because they had to break a door down. It'll be out of their mind by the time they get back to the station.
                Not necessarily............................

More likely they will have a woody because they got to take a door down.........
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by RaucousSilence View Post
                  Around here, no one has latex gloves anymore. Actually, I haven't seen a latex glove out in the field in several years. Nitrile is the rule of the road, and has been for several years. The only latex gloves I've seen in that time are sterile ones in the ER and at training classes.
                  +1. I haven't seen a latex glove in probably 10 years.

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                  Not necessarily............................

More likely they will have a woody because they got to take a door down.........
                  There is nothing cops and fire fighters love more than booting a door.
                  Originally posted by kontemplerande
                  Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Well I feel better knowing that breaking down doors is fun and not a real bother. My main concern is for the lone officer who always shows up at the 9-1-1 calls before emergency people get there! And I realize trauma was not the right word to use. Bother would have been better but if it's not a real big deal then maybe I should let them have a little fun,huh? LOL! My home insurance would cover the doors!
                    I'm old......that's all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5060 users online. 325 members and 4735 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X