300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The question on documenteries....

The question asked about documenteries goes hand in hand with the reality show Intervention where they show the person getting "high","stoned",drunk or whatever their addiction is but it's done to make others realize how bad the "problem" is I think. First time I watched that show I wondered if they could be arrested for what they were doing. Most likely not I guess.

So then,how does possession by consumption work exactly? If you didn't see someone injest the drug,found none on them nor any paraphanalia but their behavior or eyes could be related to drug use,after requesting a blood or urine test and it's positive for say meth,how is the amount measured to be able to support the charge?

Isn't it illegal to possess,purchase or sell drugs yet it isn't illegal to use them? I know that sounds contradictory but it isn't illegal to USE drugs,it's the drugs that are illegal to possess.

You can't have them ON your person but where does it say that means IN your person? Now I'm laughing at how this all sounds and don't even remember for sure who told me all this but IMO,it's a fairly interesting question.

(I'm daring to use an icon to test the abilities of my computer repair guy!)
    I'm old......that's all.

Originally posted by wyofirebirdbaby View Post
    The question asked about documenteries goes hand in hand with the reality show Intervention where they show the person getting "high","stoned",drunk or whatever their addiction is but it's done to make others realize how bad the "problem" is I think. First time I watched that show I wondered if they could be arrested for what they were doing. Most likely not I guess.

So then,how does possession by consumption work exactly? If you didn't see someone injest the drug,found none on them nor any paraphanalia but their behavior or eyes could be related to drug use,after requesting a blood or urine test and it's positive for say meth,how is the amount measured to be able to support the charge?

Isn't it illegal to possess,purchase or sell drugs yet it isn't illegal to use them? I know that sounds contradictory but it isn't illegal to USE drugs,it's the drugs that are illegal to possess.

You can't have them ON your person but where does it say that means IN your person? Now I'm laughing at how this all sounds and don't even remember for sure who told me all this but IMO,it's a fairly interesting question.

(I'm daring to use an icon to test the abilities of my computer repair guy!)

Again. Wrong.
    Originally posted by crass cop
    Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

You're starting to confuse yourself!

To make it simple: It is illegal to possess, sell, purchase and illegal to be under the influence. Unlike alcohol there isn't an amount to support the charge. Merely being under the influence is good enough. There is no difference if you snort a gram of cocaine...or you do a line.
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Are you just asking questions to ask them?
        Yes, it's illegal to use drugs my 5 year old nephew knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by LaPlaca View Post
          Again. Wrong.
          I don't mind being wrong,LaPlaca,but I do mind remaining that way and I thank you for correcting my misinformation.
          I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
            You're starting to confuse yourself!

To make it simple: It is illegal to possess, sell, purchase and illegal to be under the influence. Unlike alcohol there isn't an amount to support the charge. Merely being under the influence is good enough. There is no difference if you snort a gram of cocaine...or you do a line.
            You're right deputy x2,I did confuse myself but then again I'm very easily dazed and confused! Like I said I don't remember who told me that silly thing but not being a dealer,user or informed on a subject I'll never be in trouble for,if I hadn't asked I'd still be VERY misinformed! Thank you for laughing WITH me!
            I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio5-0 View Post
              Are you just asking questions to ask them?
              Yes, it's illegal to use drugs my 5 year old nephew knows that.
              No,I'm not asking questions just to ask them anymore than you're answering just to answer! I also believed someone who told me once that the chemical used to make the grass so green on golf courses was extremely flammable and if I didn't put out my cigarette I could blow up! I was also told if you swore in front of a cop you'd go to jail. Some people grow up with no knowledge in areas they do not experience. I've never been audited either and wouldn't question anything I was told by an IRS agent or fight it when I probably could. I don't understand the game of football very well either but I'm learning.

It's easy to be gullible when you have no reason to doubt what was said. It was YEARS ago that I'd been told that stupid thing and I've never thought about it again until now. I don't mind sounding stupid for a few if it means I'm to no longer remain ignorant. Can't fault someone for trying to improve their knowledge of things.
              I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by wyofirebirdbaby View Post
                No,I'm not asking questions just to ask them anymore than you're answering just to answer! I also believed someone who told me once that the chemical used to make the grass so green on golf courses was extremely flammable and if I didn't put out my cigarette I could blow up!

yeahhhh...Um...

AMMONIUM NITRATE FERTILIZERS, WITH PHOSPHATE OR POTASH

Reactivity Alerts

* Explosive
                * Strong Oxidizing Agent

Air & Water Reactions
                Water soluble.
                Fire Hazard
                Special Hazards of Combustion Products: Toxic and irritating oxides of nitrogen may form in fires.

Behavior in Fire: Will increase intensity of fire when in contact with combustible material. Containers may explode. (USCG, 1999)
                Health Hazard
                Inhalation causes irritation of nose and throat. Contact with eyes causes irritation. (USCG, 1999)
                Reactivity Profile
                AMMONIUM NITRATE FERTILIZERS, WITH PHOSPHATE OR POTASH may explode if mixed with alkyl esters, owing to the formation of alkyl nitrates. Mixtures with phosphorus, tin(II) chloride or other reducing agents may react explosively [Bretherick 1979 p. 108-109]. A mixture of ammonium nitrate and aluminum powder (also zinc, cadmium, copper, magnesium, lead, cobalt, nickel, bismuth, chromium, and antimony) can be used as an explosive. Explosions in which ammonium nitrate was mixed with aluminum powder and carbon or hydrocarbons, with or without other oxidizing agents have occurred [Mellor 5:219 1946-47]. A mixture of ammonium nitrate and acetic acid ignites when warmed, especially if concentrated [Von Schwartz p. 322, 1918]. Several liquid ammonium phosphate fertilizer tanks have ruptured due to inadequate tank design and maintenance. The failure of these tanks were not considered hazardous, except that the failure of these tanks caused failure of nearby tanks of chemicals such as ammonia (anhydrous) and phosphoric acid. (EPA Chemical Safety Alert)
                Belongs to the Following Reactive Group(s)

* Inorganic Oxidizing Agents

Firefighting
                Flood with water. Cool all affected containers with flooding quantities of water. Apply water from as far a distance as possible. (AAR, 2003)
                Non-Fire Response
                Keep sparks, flames, and other sources of ignition away. Keep material out of water sources and sewers. Land spill: Dig a pit, pond, lagoon, holding area to contain liquid or solid material. Cover solids with a plastic sheet to prevent dissolving in rain or fire fighting water. Dike surface flow using soil, sand bags, foamed polyurethane, or foamed concrete. Water spill: Use natural barriers or oil spill control booms to limit spill travel. Use natural deep water pockets, excavated lagoons, or sand bag barriers to trap material at bottom. Remove trapped material with suction hoses. (AAR, 2003)
                Protective Clothing
                Self-contained breathing apparatus must be used when fighting fires. At other times a dust mask is adequate. (USCG, 1999)
                First Aid
                INHALATION: move to fresh air.

EYES: flush with water for 15 min. (USCG, 1999)
                Originally posted by crass cop
                Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

LaPlaca; So I wasn't being lied to about golf courses! And I was told after having a panic attack about it that they were "kidding" me and they weren't! Not only am I gullible I'm in the dark on a lot of things! I appreciate being told about the truth of golf course grass! Now if I could just remember all the other things I've been told that are probably true when I was told they weren't and vice versa! LOL!
                  I'm old......that's all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6719 users online. 353 members and 6366 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X