300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about documentaries.

I'll get to the Q first and then the back story. If people do stuff illegal on film (like drugs, not child abuse or murder or something stupid) can they have charges brought against them later?

Back story= A friend of mine needs a final project to graduate, It has to be a documentary. It has been suggested to him that he follow a couple of families in lower income areas for over the course of 6-9 months, chronicling all the things that go on in the household. Turns out some of the families like to participate in a little medical medicine every now and then, and they won't sign on to do because they fear being arrested. That is as much as I'll get into on a public forum.

Odds are unless it's a major felony or it will lead to a warrant for a felony it won't be a huge deal. I can't guarantee that, but that's probably how my county would look at it. Anything involving kids would also probably get some attention.

Comment

Keep in mind even a film of someone taking a drug is just short of impossible to arrest on. You have no idea what he just injected (at least that you can prove), as well as no idea when it happened (was it older than the statute of limitations?) and where (did it even happen in your jurisdiction?).

However, as mentioned above if there is a risk to children it's likely going to be looked into.

Comment

Your friend needs to call the local DA's office for clarification on how the laws work in your particular county since it can vary.

Comment

Post it on youtube, that way the locals can (insert narcotics investigation techiniques here) the house and make legit arrests.

Comment

A movie isn't proof that someone is using drugs. How can you tell what they really are smoking/injecting?
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3606 users online. 232 members and 3374 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X