300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same old question..

I'll be graduating with a A.A. in Sociology this July and hope to get hired on with the local PD soon. My sister in law likes to give me a hard time about wanting to become a police officer and the other day she received a speeding ticket for doing 31 in a 20 in an upper class neighborhood. She gave me the classic, "shouldnt he be out catching murderers and rapist instead of messing with me for 11 miles over" routine. How do answer ridiculous questions like that, as I'm sure youve heard it time and time again?

This is how we catch murderers and rapists...
    "I sometimes wish that people would put a little more emphasis upon the observance of the law than they do upon its enforcement."
    -Calvin Coolidge

"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they can't get it wrong." - Unk

Comment

Most felony arrests are initiated through a traffic stop.
      This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of Law Enforcement!

Get used to it. I've found that people with ignorant attitudes like that are set in their beliefs no matter how hard you tell them otherwise. I had an ex tell me "I know how cops are, I watch the news". That relationship never had a chance. You will find this is why the people you associate with will have a "pro-police" state of mind (cops or not), and the others will fade away over time.
        Tac Six One

"For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~Romans 13

Comment

"Fortunately, there are not enough rapists and murders to go around, so we are stuck with you."

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
            "Fortunately, there are not enough rapists and murders to go around, so we are stuck with you."
            I use a variant of this. It usually shuts people up.

Comment

Ted Bundy was caught during a traffic stop.........
              Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

David Berkowitz---- Son of Sam ----was caught because of a parking ticket.
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by ummone View Post
                  Most felony arrests are initiated through a traffic stop.
                  95% of mine come this way.

Also I enjoy, Dispatch can you check 29s on this subject. Jackpot!

Comment

Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post
                    Ted Bundy was caught during a traffic stop.........
                    Right. Timothy Mc Veigh was as well. Remember, he's the guy who killed at least 160 people. Takes care of the murderers part of the question. Oh, and Bundy? That traffic stop nailed both a rapist and a murderer.

Comment

I woulda played it differently------
                      I woulda seemed sympatheitc, told her he was probably one of "those" cops that like to pull over only good looking women---then he saw YOU (her). I hate gettingthat kind of question.....

Comment

I got this more than once when I worked traffic...my standard smart-butt response was, "It's funny you say that...people who speed say we should be going after people who run red lights, light runners say we should be going after drunk drivers, drunk drivers think we should be be going after thieves, thieves think we should be going after child molesters, child molesters think we should be going after killers..." They usually get my point by the end and shut up.

Comment

I say "yes, I could be out there catching murderers and rapist but instead I am stuck here with you because you decided to..."

Comment

I tell them "Sir/Maam I don't come to Burger King and tell you how to do your job"

Comment

Originally posted by BigW View Post
                              95% of mine come this way.

Also I enjoy, Dispatch can you check 29s on this subject. Jackpot!
                              I believe the national average is 80%. You must be doing something right.
                              This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3900 users online. 223 members and 3677 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X