300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse peephole viewers

I read that since the Erin Andrews case hit the news that the sale of reverse peephole viewers is sky rocketing. Although the ads say they were designed for Law Enforcement I feel that it is the perverts buying them. How many police carry them? Have you ever arrested someone who was in the possession of one? Do you ever find peepholes that have been tampered with? Am I just paranoid?

Thanks for all responses.
    Attached Files

I don't think they could be designed for law enforcement. If they were, they never thought about the person on the other side having a reasonable expectation to privacy in their own home... I've been wrong before though. (It's not the same as an officer looking through an open window.)
    "I sometimes wish that people would put a little more emphasis upon the observance of the law than they do upon its enforcement."
    -Calvin Coolidge

"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they can't get it wrong." - Unk

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure looking through a hole that is designed to be one way screams unconstitutional. Unless your barbra boxer and you want the police to go in and take away civilians firearms. Then it's "ok"!

These were designed for pervs that want to see the neighbor lady watch Oprah in the buff.
      This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

That episode of "Seinfield" comes to mind where Kramer installs his peephole backwards, so others can see him. Ugh! There's some things that we might see that we wish we never saw!
        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Also, don't let me look through that peep hole on my side and find out you're using this ridiculous item spying on my family. One of two things are going to happen. I'm going to blast through the door like the silverback in the movie "Congo", which should ultimately impale your stupid eye with the damn thing. I might even scream like Hawkeye in "Last of the Mohicans." Or, I'll go out the back door and meet you in the front. I can't tell you which would be worse for you.

Seriously, cops generally like and protect the Constitution, whether some people want to believe it or not.
          "I sometimes wish that people would put a little more emphasis upon the observance of the law than they do upon its enforcement."
          -Calvin Coolidge

"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they can't get it wrong." - Unk

Comment

I don't carry one or know of anyone who carries one. Now, if they renamed the as "tactical optical device" or worked "tactical" in there in any shape or form I know lots of people who would immediately buy one, put it on their belt, and promptly forget they owned it.
            I miss you, Dave.
            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

My friend Cosmo and his buddy Newman installed it so that when they come home they can check out the Apt first for burglars but their landlord didn't give them permisison and Newman almost got kicked out of the building until Cosmos buddy Jerry wore a fur coat so the landlord wouldn't think that Newman and the landlords wife were hooking up.

Comment

I just orderd 3 of them online, along with: a month worth of lube and 4 boxes of tissue. I'm not going to lie, I'm going to be busy for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by ummone View Post
                  Yeah, I'm sure looking through a hole that is designed to be one way screams unconstitutional. Unless your barbra boxer and you want the police to go in and take away civilians firearms. Then it's "ok"!

These were designed for pervs that want to see the neighbor lady watch Oprah in the buff.
                  LMAO!! That's great.

Comment

They were designed for and used by perps and perverts. I'm not sticking my face in the peep hole so I can see what caliber of gun I'm going to get shot with.

Comment

Originally posted by wirefire2 View Post
                      They were designed for and used by perps and perverts. I'm not sticking my face in the peep hole so I can see what caliber of gun I'm going to get shot with.
                      But...if you do, it will look like a .22

No worries
                      This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

My best educated guess...
                        Using them as a civilian will get you in legal trouble around here (and probably most other states). Using them as a LEO is also illegal, unless you have a warrant or meet one of the exceptions to the warrant requirement, such as exigent circumstances.

Anybody have any related case law on the issue?

Comment

I installed a reverse reverse peephole viewer. No perverts outside my place!

Comment

I could see limited valid uses for LE when used for surveillance related to warrants or tactical entry. That being said, these products were not made and marketed for this very limited use, they were made for criminals and perverts.
                            West Chester University B.S. Criminal Justice: May 2009
                            Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009
                            Full time Patrolman in Chester County, PA.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3254 users online. 181 members and 3073 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X