Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROADS SAFE act Alcohol Detectors in cars

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...777338.html?dr

Just wondering what LEO's think of this proposal. Personally, I like to enjoy some drinks from time to time. Obviously, when I am not going to be driving. However, is it an infringement of civil liberties and personal freedom? Most importantly, personal privacy? As Benjamin Franklin aptly phrased it, "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
    ~Mark Twain

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."
    — Horace Mann

Jason can you please change your avatar? Something that doesn't involve nudity.
    This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

Originally posted by ummone View Post
      Jason can you please change your avatar? Something that doesn't involve nudity.
      Certainly, I can. I did not mean to be impertinent or vulgar. However, please post towards my subject. I would love to know your opinion.
      ~Mark Twain

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
      ~Thomas Jefferson

— Horace Mann

Comment

Well I would but you posted a link to an NBC affiliate in Los Angele. The problem with that is, Los Angeles is in the left state of California. No good can come from any new law/proposal originating from the left state of California so I cannot in good conscious click on a link from California. Therefor my opinion would be bias and not serve the purpose you desire.

However I will comment on the Benjamin Franklin quote.

Nice quote!
        This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop
          Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

LaPlaca,

I did not intend to be a troll. I was just curious about LEO's opinion on this matter. Personally, I agree with ummone about the ridiculous mentally ill liberals in California. But, it is a proposal that I thought would be worth discussion. Anyway, have a nice day. By the way, I am a conservative.
            ~Mark Twain

~Thomas Jefferson

— Horace Mann

Comment

Originally posted by jason860 View Post
              Certainly, I can. I did not mean to be impertinent or vulgar. However, please post towards my subject. I would love to know your opinion.
              Please be advised that we will post in any direction, or manner which happens to suit us. We, as a forum, will also determine whether or not the subject you propose will be discussed. Although it's possible there isn't one, the wording, phrasing of your post suggests an agenda. An agenda is perfectly within your rights. We simply may not wish to discuss it with you here. That said, any member chooses to participate in your proposed discussion at his/her discretion.

Comment

These guys are washed up security guards man...their advice isnt worth a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ncguy12 View Post
                  And another one bites the dust...

Comment

Toodles!

jason860 -

In premise it's a great idea. In practice it will not work.

It would be great if we could stop everyone from drinking and driving, murdering, raping , pillaging, trolling, etc. However, if people want to do something bad enough they'll find a way around it.

I'm more of a fan of the devices currently used for convicted DUI offenders. Although, the same applies here as above. If folks want to do something bad enough.... You simply cannot legislate fixes for stupid.....
                    Last edited by BigW; 03-16-2011, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigW View Post
                      Toodles!

jason860 -

In premise it's a great idea. In practice it will not work.

It would be great if we could stop everyone from drinking and driving, murdering, raping , pillaging, trolling, etc. However, if people want to do something bad enough they'll find a way around it.

I'm more of a fan of the devices currently used for convicted DUI offenders. Although, the same applies here as above. If folks want to do something bad enough.... You simply cannot legislate fixes for stupid.....
                      Thanks for the reply. From my perspective, I agree 100%. Unfortunately, there are certain actions that cannot be prevented.
                      ~Mark Twain

~Thomas Jefferson

— Horace Mann

Comment

This from a Mama's Boy who got pizzed when we told his cry baby butt the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                          This from a Mama's Boy who got pizzed when we told his cry baby butt the truth.
                          lol go take a nap old man

Comment

Would you like a hug?

Comment

In addition to being a snot nosed crybaby, it's rather apparent you can't read and comprehend the rules. Why am I not surprised? This is "Ask a Cop" That means you can't post here. At the rate you're going, you never will be able to . The truth hurts you more than any of us could have imagined. A major part of your problem, aside from being a freakin crybaby, is an inability to follow rules or obey the law. Yet, you want to be a cop? Try growing up, and do look up the definition of responsibility. Until you can practice that virtue, you'll be on the outside looking in. Now, instead of wasting my time with a juvenile up past his bedtime, I will take a nap. Oh and don't forget Junior, all of us have been where you say you want to go. That should bother you, because at your present rate, you'll never get there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5104 users online. 317 members and 4787 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X