300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background

I got a drinking ticket in may of 2010 at the age of 20. My record shows charged but not convicted and that i was very helpful with the ALE agent. I also did community service. I am now 21 with no other tickets. I will be graduating in may of 2012 with a B.S. in C.J. and applying for NCSHP. How bad does this hurt me?

It depends on the agency and how lenient they may be AT THAT MOMENT. I would pass you up and make you wait 5 years and see if you get another DUI.
    This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

Its the North Carolina Highway Patrol that i want to apply with and i never got a DUI..it was underage consumption of alcohol

Comment

Call their recruitment office and ask them.

Comment

It depends on the agency and how lenient they may be AT THAT MOMENT. I would pass you up and make you wait 5 years and see if you get another alcohol related charge.
          This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

Any enforcement in the last year or two will likely hurt you. Like Ummone said, time passed without additional charges are your best bet.

Comment

The competition for the NC SHP is very stiff. Way more people are applying that don't have your issue. I find it ironic you were in school for CJ and intentionally broke the law with an alcohol related offense. Your cooperation with ALE means nothing but comes across as an attempt to negate your actions.
              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

The Iowa DPS uses a very broad statement during the recruitment process to address this type of behavior. Their qualifications are similar to other State LEO agencies nationwide,

http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/pr...ications.shtml

GOOD MORAL CHARACTER:

An applicant must be of good moral character, which means that he or she can be trusted and is considered by those who know him/her to be a person of good reputation and good standing in the community.

When conduct is of a nature, that, if known, would tend to discredit the applicant as a peace officer, the applicant will not be employed.

The character of a person is determined by past behavior. Many factors are relevant in this assessment. The Department seeks applicants whose histories show good judgment, maturity, a sense of responsibility, and the respect of others. Several factors will be considered:
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

My record shows a dismissal. so I just wonder if they will view it the same as if i was convicted

Comment

Originally posted by ncguy12 View Post
                    I got a drinking ticket in may of 2010 at the age of 20. My record shows charged but not convicted and that i was very helpful with the ALE agent. I also did community service. I am now 21 with no other tickets. I will be graduating in may of 2012 with a B.S. in C.J. and applying for NCSHP. How bad does this hurt me?
                    reminds me of the doosh 19 year old in the academy that got busted for drinking....then came here asking the same question.
                    Originally posted by crass cop
                    Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LaPlaca View Post
                      reminds me of the doosh 19 year old in the academy that got busted for drinking....then came here asking the same question.
                      He doesnt sound too bright

Comment

He doesnt sound too bright
                        Uh, yeah. funny you should say that.
                        Originally posted by crass cop
                        Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LaPlaca View Post
                          Uh, yeah. funny you should say that.
                          i didnt get busted drinking while in a police academy. i think the circumstances are a little different.

Comment

My record shows a dismissal. so I just wonder if they will view it the same as if i was convicted
                            Yes they will view it the same as a conviction...doesn't matter if it was dismissed you still got caught breaking the law....read what smurfette had to say.

Comment

Were you, in fact, consuming alcohol while underage (and while obtaining a CJ degree)?
                              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5493 users online. 325 members and 5168 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X