Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue lights on the tail of a motorcycle.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue lights on the tail of a motorcycle.

I know you're probably thinking impersonation of an officer, but the reason is for saftey. I drive a 150cc Roketa Scooter in Arizona and I'm considering having it painted white. I wear a big white helmet that resembles one that an officer wears. The whole point is for people to see me on the road and they would think twice before running over a police man. For more saftey, I've considered getting 2 blue lights mounted on the back of the bike. However, this is against :
    ARS 28-931 Lamp colors
    ARS 28-932 Reflector and lamp mountings

But, the statute refers only to the color of lights mounted on the "vehicle".
    It should be legal if the blue lights were on a belt of mine correct? Since it is apart of my apparel and not the vehicle.

Sounds to me you are a wannabe. No offense.

Comment

I don't like entry level jobs no offense. JK :P

Comment

Judging from your last two posts I would recommend putting the blue lights on your bike. Also, I would see if you could get some stickers that look like either a shield or a star to put on the gas tank. I would put lights on the front as well and a large antenna on the back. Then I would put on my helmet and roll down to the local PD to show it off to their motor guys. They'll get a kick out of it.

Comment

Why is everyone taking offense? It was just a joke. Please stay on topic and give your honest opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by BigW View Post
            Judging from your last two posts I would recommend putting the blue lights on your bike. Also, I would see if you could get some stickers that look like either a shield or a star to put on the gas tank. I would put lights on the front as well and a large antenna on the back. Then I would put on my helmet and roll down to the local PD to show it off to their motor guys. They'll get a kick out of it.
            lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by cenitus View Post
              Why is everyone taking offense? It was just a joke. Please stay on topic and give your honest opinion.
              These are our honest opinions!!!

I know you're probably thinking impersonation of an officer, but the reason is for saftey. I drive a 150cc Roketa Scooter in Arizona and I'm considering having it painted white. I wear a big white helmet that resembles one that an officer wears. The whole point is for people to see me on the road and they would think twice before running over a police man. For more saftey, I've considered getting 2 blue lights mounted on the back of the bike. However, this is against :
              ARS 28-931 Lamp colors
              ARS 28-932 Reflector and lamp mountings

But, the statute refers only to the color of lights mounted on the "vehicle".
              It should be legal if the blue lights were on a belt of mine correct? Since it is apart of my apparel and not the vehicle.
              You admit you are trying to make it look like a police vehicle, therefore a wannabe and not a good idea in general. My opinion is not to do it. Wannabe.

Comment

Admin please kick the trolls.

Comment

Make sure you get yourself a duty rig with a sidearm to go along with your "Police" look.

Comment

Drive through Indiana with the setup you suggested. I will take your bike, throw you in the county lockup, and you won't go home until ALL of your fines are paid.

I hope this answers your question.
                    This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

I just noticed this line. LOL

Comment

Short of you riding around wearing a French Maid's outfit, (blue lights on your belt will be great), I'd consider you a wannabe and probably find a few things to cite for.
                        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

May want to look up the statute for impersonating a police officer. If you are trying to look like a cop it's illegal and a lot worse then your blue lights on your belt.

If you want to be seen, why not got with neon green or orange?

Comment

Actually you could drill about 6, 1/8 inch holes into the back of your head, stick blue LED's into the holes, and have the battery in your mouth. That way you'd be legal..

Comment

Originally posted by chitowndet View Post
                              actually you could drill about 6, 1/8 inch holes into the back of your head, stick blue led's into the holes, and have the battery in your mouth. That way you'd be legal..
                              ouch!
                              This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2790 users online. 137 members and 2653 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X