300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ca cops? I need help? Asap

I have an oral board interview next week and wanted some advice and if any can recommend a good study guide for obi.
    Thank you

I suggest that you try to be yourself. Force yourself to relax, start any answer to a question by looking directly at the panel member who asked the question then make good eye contact with the others while continuing to answer. Don't try to pick a question apart......listen to the question and provide an honest and forthright answer. False answers can easily be detected and will cost you. Be honest. Keep your answers on point, succinct and do not ramble. If you do not understand a question, do not be afraid to ask that it be repeated. When asked if you have anything to add, take the time to reiterate your strong points and your dedication to your future employment. By all means, do not - REPEAT: do not brag about your experiences or belabor issues you have no knowledge of. If you have no answer, state so and allow the interview move on. At the conclusion, be certain to thank each board member by looking them in the eyes and saying "Thank you!" Make certain your dress is professional in appearance, your hands clean, your shave close, your fingernails trimmed and clean, etc. It is your time to convince the board that your service is precious to their agency and will be unfettered. Present attainable goals for your future and state you have a desire to maintain the high level of standards currently experienced by the agency by developing yourself into a more professional representative of the agency and attaining the highest ranking you are capable of pursuing over your career.
    Last edited by SgtCHP; 03-14-2011, 05:39 PM.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
      I suggest that you try to be yourself. Force yourself to relax, start any answer to a question by looking directly at the panel member who asked the question then make good eye contact with the others while continuing to answer. Don't try to pick a question apart......listen to the question and provide an honest and forthright answer. False answers can easily be detected and will cost you. Be honest. Keep your answers on point, succinct and do not ramble. If you do not understand a question, do not be afraid to ask that it be repeated. When asked if you have anything to add, take the time to reiterate your strong points and your dedication to your future employment. By all means, do not - REPEAT: do not brag about your experiences or belabor issues you have no knowledge of. If you have no answer, state so and allow the interview move on. At the conclusion, be certain to thank each board member by looking them in the eyes and saying "Thank you!" Make certain your dress is professional in appearance, your hands clean, your shave close, your fingernails trimmed and clean, etc. It is your time to convince the board that your service is precious to their agency and will be unfettered. Present attainable goals for your future and state you have a desire to maintain the high level of standards currently experienced by the agency by developing yourself into a more professional representative of the agency and attaining the highest ranking you are capable of pursuing over your career.
      Best study guide you'll ever get. Good luck to you.

Comment

Thank you SGTCHP for the advice me and tony were in the same academy and have our oral interviews the same day so this also helped me out also.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3504 users online. 186 members and 3318 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X